CREATIVE SERVICES: PHOTOGRAPHER/FILMMAKER
The Woodlands Methodist Church is seeking a talented Filmmaker/Photographer to join our award-winning creative team. Candidate must be creative, self-motivated, highly organized, and able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. We are seeking someone who embraces story telling with passion and excitement in conveying the story of the Church through a spiritual narrative. Candidate must have an exceptional eye for detail, the ability to find creative solutions and must successfully interact with a wide variety of people and personalities.
- Responsible for capturing the life of The Woodlands Methodist at various events and weekend services
- Create, organize, and manage an effective asset management system that houses all photography for campus and ministry initiatives and services
- Recruit, lead and encourage a volunteer base of photographers for events and services for The Woodlands Methodist Church
- Direct and lead the overall photo aesthetic for The Woodlands Methodist Church’s brand across all digital platforms
- Assist with capturing and populating photos for the TWMC website and mobile app needs
- Direct TWMC photo shoots for various initiatives across the church
- Assist the social media team and design teams with providing photos for their social media posts and graphic design projects
- Provide photography support for all Creative Services video shoots
- Provide photography support for all marketing initiatives from the Creative Team
- Capture, edit and produce videos for ministry events and promotion
- Film for series bumpers, stories, social media, and miscellaneous projects
- Maintain and organize studio and equipment
- Assist in maintaining video archive
- Concept, write, edit, and produce scripts as needed
- Collaborate with a team to budget, cast, scout, and produce work as needed
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
3 – 5+ years’ experience in film/video/photography or related field
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Student of current styles, trends and equipment in the film and photo industry
Previous Church creative experience
Willingness to collaborate with leadership, ministry clients and other team members
Be able to shoot on-location and in studio environments
Video and Photo editing proficiency
Inspired by telling stories in a unique and creative way
Be available for other duties as assigned
This is a full-time, permanent in-house position.
Competitive salary and benefits offered.
Typical weekly work schedule is Sunday to Thursday. Flexibility with hours during the week will be dependent on weekend photography needs.
Holidays, evenings, and extended hours may be required.
The ideal candidate is high energy, loves kids, enjoys being on a stage on a mic, and is gifted in teaching about the Lord. Candidates will work directly with the Early Childhood Team (ages 3 years-Kindergarten). Candidates will be asked to participate in a Saturday night experience as part of the interview process.
Interested applicants please submit a portfolio and resume to email@example.com.
No Phone Calls, please.
CREATIVE SERVICES: GRAPHIC DESIGNER
The Woodlands Methodist Church is seeking a talented graphic designer for the purposes of visually communicating our mission and ministries to a wide variety of audiences. Candidate must be self-motivated, highly organized and able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment. We are seeking someone who embraces emerging technology and design with passion and excitement. Candidate must have an exceptional eye for detail, the ability to find creative solutions and successfully interact with a wide variety of people and personalities.
- Design graphics for promotional materials for various church ministries including
fliers, brochures, posters, table tents, brochures, T-shirts, etc.
- Design graphics for projection screens and TV monitors
- Design graphics for use on websites
- Print, trim, paste, fold, and label printed materials as assigned
- Assist with installation of large format graphics in display areas
- Interact with department staff members and members of ministry teams
Relevant college degree and three to five years’ experience in a creative, professional environment required; Proficiency in Adobe CS software (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat) is required. Macintosh platform experience required. Experience with Microsoft Office software preferred; experience with animation software such as Adobe After Effects is preferred; photography skills are preferred.
This is a full-time, permanent position. Competitive salary and benefits offered. Work hours are 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Monday - Friday. Some weekends, evening and extended hours will be required during Christmas, Easter and other special events. This position reports directly to the Creative Director.
Submit resume, and PDF or link to portfolio site to our Human Resources Director, Sarah Lewis, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.