CHILDREN'S MINISTRY: PROGRAMS AND PROMOTIONS COORDINATOR
This position is responsible for directing all promotions and event logistics for the Children’s Ministry, communications for Children’s and Special Needs Ministries, and oversight of the Sunday morning worship experiences in Children’s Ministries. The Programs and Promotions Coordinator works to ensure that all areas of the ministry are of the highest quality possible and consistent with the mission and vision of The Woodlands United Methodist Church.
- Collect information, share with media, and administer monthly Children’s Ministry Parent Cues.
- Schedule, maintain and monitor interactions on Children’s Ministry social media sites (Facebook and Instagram)
- Plan and implement the process for providing a Blog/Vlog/Resourcing Component for Children’s Ministry
- Campaigns – Submit requests for Sunday School and special event promotions including artwork design, posters, banners, web banners, bulletin ads and any other venue for promotion.
- Website – Monitor and submit updates to ensure all information is current and correct including all information pages and registrations links.
- Special Events – Serve as liaison to Media team to plan and coordinate all media needs. Ensure media, nursery and food service requests are timely and accurately entered into Event Pro.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- A strong and growing personal commitment to Jesus Christ and the church.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to interact well with others. Very personable, professional, and upbeat.
- Must be a team player with the ability to work within the department and with other departments toward a common vision.
- Proven excellence in verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Previous event planning experience preferred.
- Previous church staffing experience preferred.
Communication, Collaboration, Leadership, Organization, Teamwork, Time Management, Administration, Attention to detail, Computer proficiency.
Contact Chris McLain at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
CHILDREN'S MINISTRY: SUNDAY MINISTRY LEAD
The Sunday Ministry Lead role has been designed to give children a consistent adult staff presence in Children’s Ministry on Sundays, while providing the right tone and environment for learning. The Sunday Ministry Lead is responsible for having a dedicated weekly focus on sharing biblical truths about Jesus Christ in a fun and exciting way.
- Preparing the classroom/learning area on Sundays
- Providing direction to volunteer and intern team
- Welcoming children and families as they arrive
- Take attendance and offering
- Lead large group learning
- Reinforcing and facilitating small group activities
- Concluding the lesson and dismissing students
- Clean up the environment
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
The Sunday Ministry Lead serves on Sundays from 8:00 am-12:30 pm. Curriculum is provided; Sunday Ministry Leader is simply presenting the prepared lesson weekly. Arrangements can be made if Ministry Leader needs to miss an occasional Sunday. The position is based on a weekly stipend and assumes a minimum of 46 Sundays per year; no health benefits are provided.
The ideal candidate is high energy, loves kids, enjoys being on a stage on a mic, and is gifted in teaching about the Lord. Candidates will work directly with Early Childhood, Elementary, or Intermediate Ministry Teams. Candidates will be asked to participate in a Saturday night experience as part of the interview process.
Contact Julie Crocker at JCrocker@twumc.org
. No phone calls please.
CHILDREN'S MINISTRY: INTERN
This is a part-time position with no benefits created for high school students age 16 or older.
Shift schedules include Sundays and/or Saturday nights and Children’s Ministry-sponsored events serving children ages 3-12 years of age.
- Greet families and students as they arrive on Sundays and events.
- As an intern your primary focus is to help ensure that every child is greeted, encouraged, interacted with and engaged in program activity.
- Help set up and lead Sunday School, events, crafts, activities and clean up.
- Support Ministry Directors and Ministry Leaders.
- Arrive and Sign in on time for scheduled shifts.
- Behavior in the community and your online presence must be compatible with values and beliefs of our church. Your online social networks should be accessible to CM Staff.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
Strong interpersonal skills, enjoy children, role model for young children and a growing Christian that feels comfortable sharing their faith with others. Creative artistic talents in music, drama and art a plus.
Contact Julie Crocker at JCrocker@twumc.org. No phone calls please.