The Woodlands Methodist Church is looking for a joy-filled, passionate, full-time children’s ministry director to lead the children’s ministry, 3 years through 6th grade, into a vibrant, faith-filled future. If you are energized by creating a culture focused on ensuring kids learn and experience the gospel of Jesus Christ, and one in which volunteers love to serve, have at least five years of demonstrated experience supervising a staff team and leading a large-scale children’s ministry, have a Bachelor’s degree or more in ministry, education, or related field, and are excited to embrace the challenge of innovating ministry in a post-pandemic world, we’d love to talk with you.
A SAMPLE OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Lead a staff team to create a vibrant environment that allows children to learn and experience the gospel of Jesus on a weekly basis. Provide supervisory oversight and accountability for this team.
- Create a culture where volunteers love to serve through effective volunteer recruiting, orientation, placement, onboarding, and training.
- Ensure creation and execution of the children’s ministry vision, values, and goals.
- Provide ongoing assessment of programs, procedures, and systems to determine effectiveness and alignment. Plan and execute needed changes.
- Prepare and oversee the ministry budget.
- Ensure health, safety, and evacuation protocols are established, communicated, and executed with all staff and volunteer teams.
- Work with ministry leaders to ensure clean, inviting, organized, age-appropriate, and safe age-level areas.
- In partnership with the pastor of marriage and family ministries, create and execute an aligned faith formation plan, birth through graduation.
- Collaborate with, and supervise the Special Blessings staff ministry team, supporting families of kids with special needs.
- Be an active member of the Woodlands church ministry staff leadership team.
- A confessing Christian who holds to the Woodland’s statement of faith.
- Commitment to an ethical lifestyle appropriate for ministry per employee handbook.
- Minimum of five years demonstrated, effective supervisory ministry leadership experience in a large church setting.
- Well-rounded biblical background through formal education, or equivalent study and experience. Bachelor’s degree required.
- Excellent teamwork and management abilities to lead ministry teams, multiple projects, and supervision of employees, volunteers, and contractors.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through oral and written formats, with a demonstrated ability to make effective group presentations.
Schedule: As is typical for ministry, this position requires a flexible schedule. It Includes agreed upon onsite office hours, Sunday services, occasional Saturday services, evening activities and meetings, and camps requiring travel
Compensation: Dependent on experience
Benefits: Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life, 403b
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org