Volunteers are the backbone of Children’s Ministry at The Woodlands UMC. All of our volunteers go through a
background check and a training process. We encourage our families to partner with us so that we are able to assist
you in developing your child’s spiritual formation.
Our greeters are the kind of people who light up a room as soon as they walk in. If that’s you, join our greet
team. You’ll offer hospitality on Sunday mornings and help visitors get to where they need to be.
LARGE GROUP TEACHERS
Volunteers who have a knack for grabbing kids’ attention with great storytelling are perfect Large Group Teachers.
We’d love for you to teach on Sunday mornings or help with special events.
SMALL GROUP LEADERS
If you enjoy leading and listening to meaningful conversations with children, become a Small Group Leader. You’ll
serve as a discussion facilitator during Sunday morning or weekday Bible study small group time, and help kids dig
deeper into the message of Scripture for that day.
- To volunteer in Early Childhood (PreK - Kinder), please contact
- To volunteer in Elementary (1st - 4th Grade), please contact
- To volunteer in Intermediate (5th - 6th Grade), please contact
- To volunteer in Confirmation, please contact
Rev. Chris McLain
- To volunteer in Special Blessings, please contact
WOODFOREST CHILDREN’S MINISTRY