CHILDREN'S MINISTRY: ELEMENTARY MINISTRY LEADER - MAIN BUILDING
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Strong, growing Christian with a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and able to share Christ’s love with others.
- Elementary teaching certificate and/or experience working with elementary aged children preferred.
- Attend and participate in elementary ministry staff meetings, departmental meetings and all church staff chapels and meetings.
- A strong understanding of Sunday morning curriculum is preferred.
- Help recruit, train and appreciate volunteers.
- Communicate and work with all church staff, volunteers, interns and parents.
- Knowledge of the Bible and ability to retell bible stories developmentally appropriate for elementary aged (1st – 4th grade) children.
- Participate in planning and implementation of Children’s Ministry Events.**
- Oversees Main Building high school intern program including training and scheduling.
- Leads curriculum planning, implementation, and modification for Elementary aged children with final approval from the Associate Director of Elementary Ministries.
- Creates and leads Easter family event.
- Offers support to the Associate Director of Elementary Ministries for coordination and communication of Sunday School volunteers.
- Submits supply and resource needs to be filled by administrative assistant.
- Helps prepare craft and hands-on learning activities each week.
Program Involvement / Sunday Mornings
- Lead children 1st through 4th grades in a large group and small group settings at the Main campus.
- Implement and deliver a developmentally aged appropriate curriculum, activities and resources.
- Work with and assist the Elementary interns and volunteers on Sunday mornings to meet Ministry goals.
- Greet parents and volunteers and assist with child check-in process.
- Collect first time guest information and volunteers and submit to administrative assistant.
- Collect Sunday morning counts and offering.
Children’s Ministry Key Programs & Events (outside of Sunday Morning)
Weekday programs – (school year)
- TWMS Chapel Time – Thursday mornings (Special Easter Service)
Seasonal / Special Events
- CM Camp 247
- Vacation Bible School
- Children’s Christmas Eve and Easter Eve worship services
- Father/Daughter Dance
- Mother/Son Spring Event
This is a part-time position, 20 - 25 hours per week. Sunday morning availability required.
Contact Julie Crocker at JCrocker@twumc.org. No phone calls please.
CHILDREN'S MINISTRY: SUNDAY MINISTRY LEAD
The Sunday Ministry Lead role has been designed to give children a consistent adult staff presence in Children’s Ministry on Sundays, while providing the right tone and environment for learning. The Sunday Ministry Lead is responsible for having a dedicated weekly focus on sharing biblical truths about Jesus Christ in a fun and exciting way.
- Preparing the classroom/learning area on Sundays
- Providing direction to volunteer and intern team
- Welcoming children and families as they arrive
- Take attendance and offering
- Lead large group learning
- Reinforcing and facilitating small group activities
- Concluding the lesson and dismissing students
- Clean up the environment
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
The Sunday Ministry Lead serves on Sundays from 8:00 am-12:30 pm. Curriculum is provided; Sunday Ministry Leader is simply presenting the prepared lesson weekly. Arrangements can be made if Ministry Leader needs to miss an occasional Sunday. The position is based on a weekly stipend and assumes a minimum of 46 Sundays per year; no health benefits are provided.
The ideal candidate is high energy, loves kids, enjoys being on a stage on a mic, and is gifted in teaching about the Lord. Candidates will work directly with Early Childhood, Elementary, or Intermediate Ministry Teams. Candidates will be asked to participate in a Saturday night experience as part of the interview process.
Contact Ingrid Gibbons at email@example.com
. No phone calls please.
CHILDREN'S MINISTRY: INTERN
This is a part-time position with no benefits created for high school students age 16 or older.
Shift schedules include Sundays and/or Saturday nights and Children’s Ministry-sponsored events serving children ages 3-12 years of age.
- Greet families and students as they arrive on Sundays and events.
- As an intern your primary focus is to help ensure that every child is greeted, encouraged, interacted with and engaged in program activity.
- Help set up and lead Sunday School, events, crafts, activities and clean up.
- Support Ministry Directors and Ministry Leaders.
- Arrive and Sign in on time for scheduled shifts.
- Behavior in the community and your online presence must be compatible with values and beliefs of our church. Your online social networks should be accessible to CM Staff.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
Strong interpersonal skills, enjoy children, role model for young children and a growing Christian that feels comfortable sharing their faith with others. Creative artistic talents in music, drama and art a plus.
Contact Ingrid Gibbons at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.