FACILITIES: THE CHURCH AT WOODFOREST FACILITIES TECHNICIAN
Responsible for performing maintenance and ensuring the effective daily operations for The Woodforest campus. This includes ensuring the safety of our building, prohibited or concerning behavior of persons throughout the campus, responding to emergency situations to minimize risk and/or loss to buildings, property or persons.
- Provide excellent customer service for all persons on campus and do so in a professional, courteous way.
- Maintain a constant awareness of people and events happening on campus
- Maintain all areas of the building daily to ensure it is clean, sanitized and set up (this will include all restrooms).
- Perform all custodial/maintenance duties for the building that will include, but is not limited to, small painting assignments, changing light bulbs and assisting at special events
- Ensure all entrances are cleaned and ready to open
- Maintain and prepare Coffee as needed.
- Assemble furniture
- Report and log all maintenance items and keep a record on site
- Control inventory of tools in workroom
- Assure safe operation of trailers and equipment
- Monitor paper recycling program
- Oversee work performed by outside contractors, including housekeeping
- Monitor all landscaping areas including the ball fields
- Attend staff meetings
- Other duties, as assigned
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read, write and otherwise communicate effectively in English with a problem solving and helpful demeanor at all times
- Must be physically able to perform all duties of the position in any type of weather and be willing to work varied shifts, as assigned
- Must have working knowledge of computers and software in order to complete reports, check email, etc.
- Maintain a neat, professional appearance, as well as be very punctual and reliable
- Self-starter that is motivated to get the job done and work independently
- Must be committed Christian comfortable sharing their faith with children and families
- Must meet church requirements, which include fingerprinting, background check, and drug test
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Eligible for full benefits package.
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., and Sunday 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. with some additional evening and weekend hours to support special events.
Contact Sarah Lewis at email@example.com. No phone calls please.