Our seniors regularly take day trips to museums, concerts and other attractions in the nearby area. Transportation is provided and there is a fee for each event. Trips have included:
- the International Quilt Festival in Houston
- an Astros baseball game
- bluegrass and gospel concerts a play at the Owen Theatre in Conroe
- a guided tour at the Houston Museum of Fine Arts
Occasionally, overnight trips are taken:
- a Gone with the Wind exhibit in Austin
- an overnight trip to San Antonio
- week-long trips to Branson, Missouri and to the Grand Canyon
Stay in touch to find out where we're planning to go next!
In 2019, our Seniors traveled to Santa Fe, New Mexico. We spent time touring the State Capital building, San Miguel Mission and El Santuario de Chimayo, a church built in 1816 and known for big healing powers through its dirt. We shopped our way through the artist community of Madrid.
In December, we went to New York City! We toured Rockefeller Center, the One World Observatory, St Patrick’s Cathedral, Central Park and went to the Rockettes Holiday Show! The went to the Christmas Store and had a Holiday Lights tour!
We hope you’ll join us on our next adventure! Stay tuned for more information on our 2020 trips to Washington D.C. and to Branson, Missouri!
2020 Day Trip Opportunities
ASTROS OUTINGS: SAVE THE DATES
- Houston Astros vs. Philadelphia Phillies
Thursday, July 9 | 7:10 p.m.
- Houston Astros vs. Seattle Mariners
Wednesday, August 19 | 1:10 p.m.
Tickets will go on sale in May. Stay tuned for more details.
2020 OVERNIGHT Trip Opportunities
May 2020 – Details coming soon
For more information regarding senior trips contact Helen Burgdorf