Local Missions Update http://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040C49A4A628A20-local
During this unique and crazy time, our desire is to BE THE CHURCH, reaching out and helping those in need. This situation is different from Hurricane Harvey. We have all been asked to stay at home and restrict our contact with other people. So we are trying to help those in need without putting you, our volunteers in danger of being exposed to the virus.
Here's how and ways that you can help:
- Adopt-a-Senior - We need our members to volunteer to be assigned to one or more seniors in our church, to call them on occasion, see if they need anything from the grocery store, lift their spirits, and pray with them.
- Notes of Encouragement - Write notes of encouragement those who are in assisted living/nursing homes, group homes, prison or those working on the front lines. Bring them to the drop box located outside the doors by the office at The Woodlands and Woodforest Campuses.
- Mobile Market Food Distribution – Providing food for at-risk families. Watch our Local Missions Updates for dates and volunteer opportunities.
- Food Drives Drop-off Locations - accepting non-perishable food items to help re-stock their food pantries:
- Angel Reach Food Pantry | Mondays, 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. | 400 Waco St., Conroe 77301
- Interfaith of the Woodlands | Wednesdays, 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. | 4242 Interfaith Way, The Woodlands 77381
- At-Risk Families - Through Society of St. Stephen, Interfaith, and Community Assistance Center, we are providing Wal-Mart gift cards to At-Risk Families. Please donate to our Disaster Relief Fund to help these families.
- Society of St. Stephen - We continue to help families in need, especially now.
- Compassion United - We are assisting with sorting of food and distribution of food boxes for those stopping at the food pantry. Sign Up
- Pray - Pray for the homeless, low income families, seniors, all who are sick, and protection for everyone!
- Homeless Ministry - With Compassion United and Hope Beyond Bridges, we are providing food to the homeless. On occasion, we will need meals prepared and dropped off. Watch the Local Missions Update for dates and important information.
- Homeless Ministry Snack Bags - (Ongoing Mission Opportunity) We are providing portable snack bags the homeless. You can purchase supplies from the provided list, assemble bags, and drop off at the church. Homeless Snack Bags will be delivered to our Ministry partners:
- Angel Reach
- Compassion United
- Family Promise
- Hope Beyond Bridges
- Face Masks - Craft Circle and Creative Hands are making face masks for medical professionals. You can make masks also. Click button below for a pattern.