Grace Point Counseling Center
Children’s Ministry: Sunday Ministry Lead
The Sunday Ministry Lead role has been designed to give children a consistent adult staff presence in each area of Children’s Ministry on Sunday mornings, while providing the right tone and environment for learning. The Sunday Ministry Lead is responsible for having a dedicated weekly focus on sharing biblical truths about Jesus Christ in a fun and exciting way.
The Sunday Ministry Lead serves one age/grade group during each of our two service hours: 9:30 and 11:00 a.m.
- Preparing the classroom/learning area on Sunday mornings
- Providing direction to volunteer and intern team
- Welcoming children and families as they arrive
- Assist with attendance and offering
- Assisting with large group learning
- Reinforcing and facilitating small group activities
- Concluding the lesson and dismissing students
- Clean up the environment
The Sunday Ministry Leader serves on Sundays from 8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Curriculum is provided; Sunday Ministry Leader is simply presenting the prepared lesson weekly. Arrangements can be made if Ministry Leader needs to miss an occasional Sunday. The position is based on a weekly stipend and assumes a minimum of 46 Sundays per year; no health benefits are provided.
The ideal candidate is high energy, loves kids, enjoys being on a stage on a mic, and is gifted in teaching about the Lord. Candidates will work directly with Early Childhood, Elementary or Intermediate Ministry Teams. Candidates will be asked to participate in a Sunday morning experience as part of the interview process.
Please contact Julie Crocker at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. No phone calls, please.
Children's Ministry: Associate Director Children's Ministry - The Church at Woodforest
This position is full-time, hourly, exempt and eligible for benefits. Reports to the Director of Children's Ministry and secondarily to the Woodforest Campus Pastor. The Associate Director of Children's Ministry - Woodforest is responsible for the creative vision, strategic development and implementation of all programs serving families of children at The Church at Woodforest from 3 years old through fifth grades.
- Help plan, implement and deliver developmentally age-appropriate curriculum, activities and resources.
- Help prepare craft and hands-on learning activities each week.
- Help coordinate the music for Praise and Worship for Sunday morning.
- Schedule volunteers and provide resources and weekly communication to ensure they are prepared for Sunday morning activities.
- Build and maintain annual budget.
- Lead, plan, and implement Children's Woodforest events.
- Participate in planning and implementation of The Woodlands United Methodist Church Children's Ministry events.
- A strong and growing personal commitment to Jesus Christ and the church.
- Spiritual maturity, creativity, high energy and a strong passion to lead children and families to a deeper understanding of the Gospel message of Christ's love.
- Previous leadership experience working in children's ministry.
- Knowledge of the Bible and the ability to develop retelling of bible stories to preschool through elementary aged children.
- Ability to recruit, develop and lead a team of volunteers.
- Attend and participate in Children's Ministry and Woodforest staff meetings.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Early Childhood or Elementary teaching certificate and experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (including Power Point and Keynote).
Send resume and/or application to Chris McLain at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
CREATIVE SERVICES: Senior Graphic Designer
The Woodlands United Methodist Church is seeking a talented Senior Graphic Designer to join our award-winning creative team. Candidate must be creative, self-motivated, highly organized and able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. We are seeking someone who embraces creative design with passion and excitement. Candidate must have an exceptional eye for detail. The ability to find creative solutions and successfully interact with a wide variety of people and personalities is also necessary.
- Concept/Design graphics for promotional materials for various church ministries including flyers, brochures, environmental graphics, brochures, T-shirts, etc.
- Manage in-house production of projects, including copies, trimming, spray mount and mock-ups when needed.
- Understanding of pre-press set-up. Properly prepare and package files to be sent to on-site printer.
- Design graphics for projection screens and TV monitors.
- Assist with installation of large format graphics in display areas.
- Interact with department staff members and members of ministry teams.
Relevant college degree and three to five years experience in a creative, professional environment required; Proficiency in Adobe CS software (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) is required. Experience with After Effects and photography are preferred but not mandatory. Macintosh platform environment.
This is a full-time, permanent position. Competitive salary and benefits offered. Work hours are 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Monday – Friday. Some weekends, evening and extended hours will be required during Christmas, Easter and other special events. This position reports directly to the Art Director.
Submit resumé, and PDF or link to portfolio site to Scott Brinkmeyer, Art Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
CREATIVE SERVICES: Weekend Worship Producer - The Church at Woodforest
This position is part-time, hourly and non-exempt. Approximately 20 hours per week with work schedule of Wednesday through Sunday. Work is required during major holiday season such as Easter and Christmas. Competitive hourly pay offered.
- Work with worship planning teams to develop and implement worship series and services
- Serve as a worship producer-this includes coordinating and influencing teams of staff and volunteers in producing call sheets; completing gear-set-up; checking mic assignments; completing pre-service checks; and calling cues for production team during service
- Work closely with worship pastors and worship leaders to develop and manage worship content; including worship flow, set lists, last-minute changes, etc.
- Proof all screen content for accuracy, spelling, completeness, etc.
- Build and run worship graphics in services on a weekly basis
- Compile, edit and manage song libraries on a weekly basis
- Previous live worship production experience in a church is a must
- Previous management experience
- 3 – 5 year experience in at least one of the following areas: worship planning, audio-video production, graphic design, set design, or environmental design
- Software experience with Adobe Creative Suite 5; ProPresenter & ProPlayer; Microsoft Office Suite required
- CCLI / Song Select experience a plus
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- An exceptional eye for detail
- Technical design and/or media production skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
Submit desired pay requirements, resumé, and creative samples to Stephen Bell at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Food Services: Family Life Center Sous Chef
The Woodlands United Methodist Church is looking for a Sous Chef to be responsible for the school lunch program at The Family Life Center. The FLC Sous Chef works with the Director of Food Services to determine the lunch menu, order food and supplies, prepare food, and deliver/serve food to children in a school setting. Culinary experience preferred. Chef test required. Attributes: excellent communication skills, positive attitude, commitment to customer service, ability to work in a team, and willingness to serve. This part-time position works 25 – 29 hours/week, with summers off.
Contact Pam Herron at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Food Services: Cafe
The Woodlands UMC Cafe has two part-time openings in the café.
- Running the cash register
- Taking and processing orders
- Food assembly and production
- Delivery of orders (both at café and in school)
- Cleaning and sanitizing
- Positive, outgoing personality
- Customer service-oriented
- Able to stand for prolonged periods
- Basic mathematics
- Willingness to serve.
Number of hours a week:
18 – 24
Monday – Friday and Sunday from 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Grace Point Counseling Center: Child, Adolescent and Family Therapist/Counselor
Grace Point Counseling Center (GPCC) is a ministry of The Woodlands United Methodist Church. We offer compassionate and caring services in a confidential, professional setting, accepting of all individuals with various life circumstances. We offer emotional guidance and support with a non-judgmental approach. We offer services to individuals, couples, families, children and adolescents.
Qualifications: LMFT, LPC, LPC-RPT, LCSW, PhD
Applicants need to be licensed to practice in the State of Texas.
The therapist/counselor must have the ability and be willing to provide clinical assessment and intervention services in the counseling center. (Occasionally services may be in the natural environment: school or home with the permission of GPCC executive director.) The therapist must have experience in working with children ages 3–12 who may have experienced trauma, behavioral and emotional problems. The applicant must be open to a variety of treatment modalities tailored to meet the needs of individual child/parents/family involved. Work history should include case management, family work, outpatient individual play therapy, trauma, attachment, parenting skills, family counseling and group work experience.
The therapist/counselor must have the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and to interact collaboratively with other agencies and physicians. Also, he/she must have strong organizational skills and be a flexible team member.
Applicant must meet State licensing requirements (including educational requirements to keep license current) and provide professional liability insurance. GPCC therapists/counselors are registered with different insurance entities in order to receive payments from clients’ insurance. We will assist you with this registration. He/she must also agree to The Woodlands United Methodist Church policies and procedures.
This is a part time position (20–25 client hours a week) and requires three evenings a week. Other hours will be jointly determined with therapist/counselor and GPCC Executive Director, according to GPCC office hours: Monday – Thursday, 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. (last client seen at 7:00 p.m.); Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Grace Point Counseling Center, 9201 Grogan’s Mill Road, The Woodlands, Texas 77380.
Contact Susan Jones, Executive Director of Grace Point Counseling Center, at email@example.com for more information.
Nursery: Childcare Worker
This position is part-time, non-exempt and hourly. Requires the ability to work Sunday mornings and evenings. Some weekday shifts are available with Sunday commitment.
Job Duties and Requirements:
The ideal candidate will be a strong Christian, love working with young children and be a team player.
The job requires the ability to lift 40 pounds, excellent communication skills in English.
Contact Sabrina Horne, firstname.lastname@example.org, 281.297.5911
Recreation Ministry: Cheer Coach
Recreation Ministry is hiring a Part-Time Cheer Coach. In this role, the Cheer Coach is the key component to fulfilling the mission of our Upward Sports League: “To promote the discovery of, and growth in, Jesus through sports.” Upward Sports programs, built around the exclusive 360 Progression, focus on developing the total athlete – mentally, athletically, spiritually and socially. With your guidance, cheerleaders will acquire more than athletic skills; they will be given the resources to find their passion and purpose, equipping them for excellence – in the game, and in life. As a coach, you will be more than an instructor. You will be a mentor, helping young athletes, and their families, develop a life-long relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Disciple of Jesus Christ
- Cheer, Dance, or Gymnastics experience
- Teaching or Coaching experience preferred
- Possess a knowledge of the sport
- Love for kids
- Must pass a background check
This is a seasonal contract position. The cheer coach wiill have a one hour practice per week (15 practices) and a one hour game per week, plus home preparation time.
- 2016 – 2017 Practice and Game Season: November 30 – March 8 (Basketball)
- Flag Football Dates (TBD)
Interested? Please submit a resumé to Garrett Ritter at email@example.com
Recreation Ministry: Director - Sport and Family Programs
This position is full-time, eligible for benefits and reports to the Director of Recreation Ministry. The Director of Sport and Family Programs position plans, organizes and operates recreation programs, events and activities that disciple people in faith, and reach out into the community to win people to Jesus Christ. This position requires 40 hours per week including some seasonal nights and weekends.
- Providing a quality, Christ centered, Upward Sports program
- Planning, scheduling and budgeting for events and programming
- Coordinating with church staff and volunteers
- Managing a team of interns
- Managing intern payroll
- Leading devotionals for families and children
- Providing clinics for volunteer coaches and referees
- Communicating with families and the community
- Outreach and program promotion through approved outlets
- Maintaining a Safe Sanctuary as outlined by The United Methodist Church Texas Annual Conference
- Passionate and intentional about sharing their love of Christ with others.
- At least two years experience in the sports/fitness field.
- Positive and outgoing personality.
- Creative and self motivated.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Available for flexible work schedule.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and multiple social media platforms.
- Budget management experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Prior work experience in a church environment and a bachelor's degree in Sports Management preferred.
Submit resume to Garrett Ritter at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.