The Woodlands Methodist School
Children's Ministry: Volunteer AdministratorJob Classification: PT / Non-exempt / Hourly
Reports to: Director of Children’s Ministry (Confirmation & 56)
Work schedule: 25-29 hours / 4-5 days / Week (Approximately 8 Sundays / Year)
JOB SUMMARY: This support position works in conjunction with all areas of Children’s Ministry and is responsible for onboarding, communicating with, and supporting the Children’s Ministry (ages three – sixth grade) volunteers. This includes weekly Sunday School and special programs associated with the Children’s Ministry Department. The Volunteer’s Assistant works collaboratively with the Children’s ministry staff to cultivate an environment where people are inspired to serve in ways that match their spiritual gifts and passions. The Volunteer’s Assistant will partner with Directors and Associate Directors to assure those potential volunteers are aware of policies relating to their station, have a current background check, and feel appreciated throughout the year. This will support our goal that all programs are of the highest quality possible and consistent with the mission and vision of The Woodlands United Methodist Church and that volunteers, families, and children are served with respect and dignity. The Volunteer’s Assistant also supports the Special Needs Ministry in this capacity.
Skills and Requirements:
- Spiritual maturity, creativity, high energy, and a strong passion to lead children and families to a deeper understanding of the Gospel message of Christ’s love!
- Able to speak to groups in a training setting.
- Proven excellence in verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Open Communication with Directors and Associate Directors for onboarding assignments.
- Weekly Email Communication to volunteer teams.
- Weekly E-mail Communication for first-time Volunteers.
- Weekly Training of new volunteers on church policies and completion of the onboarding process.
- Monthly reminders to our Volunteers/Greeters how much we love them!
- Birthday Cards to our Volunteers/Greeters.
- Keep inventory of T-shirts and other Volunteer onboarding items.
Competencies: Communication, Collaboration, Organization, Teamwork, Time Management, Administration, Attention to detail, Computer proficiency.
Food Services: Cafe
The Woodlands UMC Cafe has two part-time openings in the café.
- Running the cash register
- Taking and processing orders
- Food assembly and production
- Delivery of orders (both at café and in school)
- Cleaning and sanitizing
- Positive, outgoing personality
- Customer service-oriented
- Able to stand for prolonged periods
- Basic mathematics
- Willingness to serve.
Number of hours a week:
- 18 – 24
- Sunday from 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Food Services: Family Life Center Sous Chef
The Woodlands United Methodist Church is looking for a Sous Chef to be responsible for the school lunch program at The Family Life Center. The FLC Sous Chef works with the Director of Food Services to determine the lunch menu, order food and supplies, prepare food, and deliver/serve food to children in a school setting. Culinary experience preferred. Chef test required. Attributes: excellent communication skills, positive attitude, commitment to customer service, ability to work in a team, and willingness to serve. This part-time position works 25 – 29 hours/week, with summers off.
Contact Pam Herron at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Noah’s Nook Nursery is accepting applications for childcare worker positions. The ideal candidate will be a strong Christian, love working with young children and be a team player.
The job requires the ability to lift 40 lbs., excellent communication in English and the ability to work weekends and evenings.
Contact Sabrina Horne at email@example.com or 281.297.5911 for more information.