Grace Point Counseling Center
The Woodlands Methodist School
This position’s primary responsibility is the Contributions function in the Accounting Office. The ideal candidate has exceptional attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills, and is proficient with technology.
- Counting and depositing of funds received into the Accounting Office.
- Recording of contributions into donor records in the church’s management system.
- Entering pledges from capital campaigns and annual stewardship/missions pledge drives.
- Providing customer service to donors regarding contribution transactions and records.
- Processing of giving statements.
- Ensuring data accuracy.
- Ad-Hoc reporting of contribution data.
- Assisting other areas of Accounting as needed.
Computer/database proficiency, attention to detail, time management, organization, confidentiality, communication, teamwork, administration.
2+ years accounting and/or bookkeeping experience or equivalent combination of education and experience, proficiency in Excel and various accounting software.
Full-time, 40 hours/week, Monday – Friday
Contact Danielle Johnson at DJohnson@twumc.org
Children’s Ministry: Sunday Ministry Lead
The Sunday Ministry Lead role has been designed to give children a consistent adult staff presence in each area of Children’s Ministry on Sunday mornings, while providing the right tone and environment for learning. The Sunday Ministry Lead is responsible for having a dedicated weekly focus on sharing biblical truths about Jesus Christ in a fun and exciting way.
The Sunday Ministry Lead serves one age/grade group during each of our two service hours: 9:30 and 11:00 a.m.
- Preparing the classroom/learning area on Sunday mornings
- Providing direction to volunteer and intern team
- Welcoming children and families as they arrive
- Assist with attendance and offering
- Assisting with large group learning
- Reinforcing and facilitating small group activities
- Concluding the lesson and dismissing students
- Clean up the environment
The Sunday Ministry Leader serves on Sundays from 8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Curriculum is provided; Sunday Ministry Leader is simply presenting the prepared lesson weekly. Arrangements can be made if Ministry Leader needs to miss an occasional Sunday. The position is based on a weekly stipend and assumes a minimum of 46 Sundays per year; no health benefits are provided.
The ideal candidate is high energy, loves kids, enjoys being on a stage on a mic, and is gifted in teaching about the Lord. Candidates will work directly with Early Childhood, Elementary or Intermediate Ministry Teams. Candidates will be asked to participate in a Sunday morning experience as part of the interview process.
Please contact Julie Crocker at email@example.com for more information. No phone calls, please.
Children's Ministry Leader - The Church at Woodforest
This position is part-time, hourly and non-exempt. Approximately 15 hours per week which includes Sunday mornings. This position reports to The Associate Director of Children's Ministry - The Woodforest Campus. The Children’s Ministry Leader for the Church at Woodforest provides programming and preparation support to the Associate Director of Children’s Ministry-Woodforest for the growing areas of Early Childhood, Elementary, and Confirmation (3 years old-6th Grade). Additionally, this position leads large group teaching times while working with volunteers to create an Engaging, Safe, Excellent, Biblical learning environment.
- Preparing any technology or Keynote presentations for Sunday School
- Help with coordination and communication for Sunday School volunteers
Submit supply and resource needs to be filled by Children’s Ministry administrative assistant
Program Involvement / Sunday Mornings
Lead children in large group and small group settings
Implement and deliver a developmentally aged appropriate curriculum, activities and resources
Prepare craft and hands-on learning activities each week
Work with and assist the volunteers on Sunday mornings to meet Ministry goals
Greet parents and volunteers and assist with child check-in process
Collect first time guest information and volunteers for database submission
- Children’s Ministry Key Programs & Events (outside of Sunday Morning)
Weekday programs – (school year)
TWMS Chapel Time – Wednesday & Thursday mornings (Special Easter & Christmas)
**Church at Woodforest Events: Christmas Eve Family worship; T Bar M-Discovery 252 Week camp; Palm Sunday Family Event; Additional Events as created
*** Children’s Ministry Events: Vacation Bible School
Please contact Julie Crocker at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. No phone calls, please.
CREATIVE SERVICES: Weekend Worship Producer - The Church at Woodforest
This position is part-time, hourly and non-exempt. Approximately 20 hours per week with work schedule of Wednesday through Sunday. Work is required during major holiday season such as Easter and Christmas. Competitive hourly pay offered.
- Work with worship planning teams to develop and implement worship series and services
- Serve as a worship producer-this includes coordinating and influencing teams of staff and volunteers in producing call sheets; completing gear-set-up; checking mic assignments; completing pre-service checks; and calling cues for production team during service
- Work closely with worship pastors and worship leaders to develop and manage worship content; including worship flow, set lists, last-minute changes, etc.
- Proof all screen content for accuracy, spelling, completeness, etc.
- Build and run worship graphics in services on a weekly basis
- Compile, edit and manage song libraries on a weekly basis
- Previous live worship production experience in a church is a must
- Previous management experience
- 3 – 5 year experience in at least one of the following areas: worship planning, audio-video production, graphic design, set design, or environmental design
- Software experience with Adobe Creative Suite 5; ProPresenter & ProPlayer; Microsoft Office Suite required
- CCLI / Song Select experience a plus
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- An exceptional eye for detail
- Technical design and/or media production skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
Submit desired pay requirements, resumé, and creative samples to Stephen Bell at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Food Services: Family Life Center Sous Chef
The Woodlands United Methodist Church is looking for a Sous Chef to be responsible for the school lunch program at The Family Life Center. The FLC Sous Chef works with the Director of Food Services to determine the lunch menu, order food and supplies, prepare food, and deliver/serve food to children in a school setting. Culinary experience preferred. Chef test required. Attributes: excellent communication skills, positive attitude, commitment to customer service, ability to work in a team, and willingness to serve. This part-time position works 25 – 29 hours/week, with summers off.
Contact Pam Herron at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Food Services: Cafe
The Woodlands UMC Cafe has two part-time openings in the café.
- Running the cash register
- Taking and processing orders
- Food assembly and production
- Delivery of orders (both at café and in school)
- Cleaning and sanitizing
- Positive, outgoing personality
- Customer service-oriented
- Able to stand for prolonged periods
- Basic mathematics
- Willingness to serve.
Number of hours a week:
18 – 24
Monday – Friday and Sunday from 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Grace Point Counseling Center: Child, Adolescent and Family Therapist/Counselor
Grace Point Counseling Center (GPCC) is a ministry of The Woodlands United Methodist Church. We offer compassionate and caring services in a confidential, professional setting, accepting of all individuals with various life circumstances. We offer emotional guidance and support with a non-judgmental approach. We offer services to individuals, couples, families, children and adolescents.
Qualifications: LMFT, LPC, LPC-RPT, LCSW, PhD
Applicants need to be licensed to practice in the State of Texas.
The therapist/counselor must have the ability and be willing to provide clinical assessment and intervention services in the counseling center. (Occasionally services may be in the natural environment: school or home with the permission of GPCC executive director.) The therapist must have experience in working with children ages 3–12 who may have experienced trauma, behavioral and emotional problems. The applicant must be open to a variety of treatment modalities tailored to meet the needs of individual child/parents/family involved. Work history should include case management, family work, outpatient individual play therapy, trauma, attachment, parenting skills, family counseling and group work experience.
The therapist/counselor must have the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and to interact collaboratively with other agencies and physicians. Also, he/she must have strong organizational skills and be a flexible team member.
Applicant must meet State licensing requirements (including educational requirements to keep license current) and provide professional liability insurance. GPCC therapists/counselors are registered with different insurance entities in order to receive payments from clients’ insurance. We will assist you with this registration. He/she must also agree to The Woodlands United Methodist Church policies and procedures.
This is a part time position (20–25 client hours a week) and requires three evenings a week. Other hours will be jointly determined with therapist/counselor and GPCC Executive Director, according to GPCC office hours: Monday – Thursday, 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. (last client seen at 7:00 p.m.); Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Grace Point Counseling Center, 9201 Grogan’s Mill Road, The Woodlands, Texas 77380.
Contact Susan Jones, Executive Director of Grace Point Counseling Center, at email@example.com for more information.
Nursery: Childcare Worker
This position is part-time, non-exempt and hourly. Requires the ability to work Sunday mornings and evenings. Some weekday shifts are available with Sunday commitment.
Job Duties and Requirements:
The ideal candidate will be a strong Christian, love working with young children and be a team player.
The job requires the ability to lift 40 pounds, excellent communication skills in English.
Contact Sabrina Horne, firstname.lastname@example.org, 281.297.5911
Recreation Ministry: Cheer Coach
Recreation Ministry is hiring a Part-Time Cheer Coach. In this role, the Cheer Coach is the key component to fulfilling the mission of our Upward Sports League: “To promote the discovery of, and growth in, Jesus through sports.” Upward Sports programs, built around the exclusive 360 Progression, focus on developing the total athlete – mentally, athletically, spiritually and socially. With your guidance, cheerleaders will acquire more than athletic skills; they will be given the resources to find their passion and purpose, equipping them for excellence – in the game, and in life. As a coach, you will be more than an instructor. You will be a mentor, helping young athletes, and their families, develop a life-long relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Disciple of Jesus Christ
- Cheer, Dance, or Gymnastics experience
- Teaching or Coaching experience preferred
- Possess a knowledge of the sport
- Love for kids
- Must pass a background check
This is a seasonal contract position. The cheer coach wiill have a one hour practice per week (15 practices) and a one hour game per week, plus home preparation time.
- 2016 – 2017 Practice and Game Season: November 30 – March 8 (Basketball)
- Flag Football Dates (TBD)
Interested? Please submit a resumé to Garrett Ritter at email@example.com
THE WOODLANDS METHODIST SCHOOL: PART TIME TWMS RECEPTIONIST
The Receptionist performs routine clerical, secretarial and administrative work such as answering telephones, receiving the public, providing customer assistance, data, and record-keeping. This position is also responsible for assisting in the daily operations of The Woodlands Methodist School, consistent with the mission, beliefs, and values of the school and The Woodlands United Methodist Church (TWUMC).
Position/Expected Hours of Work:
Part-time receptionist (25 hours/week): Monday – Friday (12 pm – 5 pm)
Anticipated Start Date: January 2018
- Welcome families and visitors to TWMS and TWUMC
- Maintain records of all visitors to TWMS
- Maintain staff sign in sheets
- Monitor security cameras
- Communicate to TWUMC Facilities when necessary
- Monitor approved TWUMC staff entering the school
- Coordinate the communication of transportation changes
- Collect and organize after school registrations
- Respond and redirect school emails to relevant staff members
- Check phone messages and respond accordingly
- Maintain current outgoing messages
- Maintain updated receptionist handbook
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in computer software, MS Office preferred
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to work independently
- Self starter
- Growing Christian