- Sunday Ministry Lead
- Associate Director, Early Childhood Ministries
- Associate Director of Intermediate Ministries
- Loft Elementary Ministry Leader
The Woodlands Methodist School
For job openings at our preschool, lower school and middle school, visit the TWMS Employment page.
Administration: Data Systems Coordinator
This position is part-time, hourly and non-exempt. Approximately 20-25 hours per week, with weekdays and possibly some Sunday mornings required. This position reports to the Database Administrator. This position is responsible for coordinating and executing solutions using The Woodlands UMC’s Rock software application. The ideal candidate is a great problem solver; has strong critical thinking skills; exceptional attention to detail; intermediate to advanced computer skills (some SQL experience is a plus but not required); and high-level interpersonal skills. Strong communication skills are required. Experience and involvement with The Woodlands UMC or other church ministries is preferred.
- Serve as a Rock help-desk contact to assist:
- Internal customers/ministries with:
- Reporting needs
- Creating and managing event registrations and on-line forms
- Organizing ministry groups and managing data entry needs
- Creating merge templates to maximize staff efficiency
- Preparing tailored audience lists for ministry and church-wide bulk mailouts
- Identifying and creating solutions for internal process workflows
- External users with:
- Updating contact/membership information
- Troubleshooting user account and registration issues
- Internal customers/ministries with:
- Develop and provide Rock training for new and current staff users
- Coordinate with Connecting Ministries team to help manage data entry for membership changes including membership transfers, inactivating and reinstating members as needed
- Manage weekly attendance metrics and provide direction to attendance entry volunteers
- Participate in strategic planning for utilizing Rock data as a means to create intentional connection and measure ministry reach
- Assist with Rock application configurations, security settings and implementation efforts as needed.
Computer/database proficiency, attention to detail, time management, organization, confidentiality, communication, teamwork, administration.
Interested candidates may submit a resume to Jennifer Sims at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
A Foundation for Theological Education (AFTE) is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization founded in 1977 to strengthen the classical Christian witness within the United Methodist Church. Dr. Ed Robb III, Senior Pastor of The Woodlands United Methodist Church, acts as Chairman of the Board for AFTE. See more information about AFTE at aftesite.org.
The AFTE Coordinator is a Part-Time (20-25 hours/week), nonexempt position. Work schedule is Monday through Friday. Role may require seasonal weekend assignments to support AFTE events, including travel.
Reports to: Dr. Ed Robb, III, AFTE Chairman of the Board
- Coordinate and execute administrative and financial support tasks in service to AFTE, within specified guidelines, to achieve the goals of the ministry
- Communicate with constituents, donors, Fellows, Board members, and others, through emails, letters, and website content, including annual appeal letters/mailings
- Maintain records and databases and provide reports regarding constituents and Fellows, using Microsoft Excel or similar software
- Facilitate the annual selection process for AFTE Scholarships
- Prepare and submit invoices for payment, provide information for accountants and auditors, reconcile credit card statements and deposits
- Work with multiple vendors to provide ancillary support services to AFTE
- Plan, coordinate and administer assigned events and programs including, but not limited to meetings of the AFTE Board of Trustees, SMU Gathering, AAR/SBL Breakfast, Christmas Conference, and Wesleyan Witness Network, which includes making travel arrangements, coordinating invitations/ registrations, and communicating with attendees
- Serve as a representative of AFTE at program events and in public and other settings, which may require local and interstate travel and weekend on-site support
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma
- 3 – 5 years of experience in administrative or coordination role for a non-profit or similar organization
- Event planning and execution
- Ability to work in high demand situations that may include rapid change of direction
- Experience working effectively with senior executives
- Successful track record and experience translating visionary directives and concepts into operational details
- Self-directed with ability to work independently and with limited supervision
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong understanding of basic financial concepts including ability to create budgets, conduct financial analysis and interpret financial reports
- Experience with more detailed capabilities of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) including mail merge, pivot tables, and charts
Interested candidates may submit a resume to Sheri Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Children’s Ministry: Sunday Ministry Lead
The Sunday Ministry Lead role has been designed to give children a consistent adult staff presence in each area of Children’s Ministry on Sunday mornings, while providing the right tone and environment for learning. The Sunday Ministry Lead is responsible for having a dedicated weekly focus on sharing biblical truths about Jesus Christ in a fun and exciting way.
The Sunday Ministry Lead serves one age/grade group during each of our two service hours: 9:30 and 11:00 a.m.
- Preparing the classroom/learning area on Sunday mornings
- Providing direction to volunteer and intern team
- Welcoming children and families as they arrive
- Assist with attendance and offering
- Assisting with large group learning
- Reinforcing and facilitating small group activities
- Concluding the lesson and dismissing students
- Clean up the environment
The Sunday Ministry Leader serves on Sundays from 8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Curriculum is provided; Sunday Ministry Leader is simply presenting the prepared lesson weekly. Arrangements can be made if Ministry Leader needs to miss an occasional Sunday. The position is based on a weekly stipend and assumes a minimum of 46 Sundays per year; no health benefits are provided.
The ideal candidate is high energy, loves kids, enjoys being on a stage on a mic, and is gifted in teaching about the Lord. Candidates will work directly with Early Childhood, Elementary or Intermediate Ministry Teams. Candidates will be asked to participate in a Sunday morning experience as part of the interview process.
Please contact Julie Crocker at email@example.com for more information. No phone calls, please.
Children's Ministry: Associate Director, Early Childhood Ministries
This position is full-time, exempt with benefits. Forty hours per week with Sunday mornings required. This position reports to the Co-Director of Children's Ministries. The Associate Director of Early Childhood Ministries is responsible for the creative planning, strategic development and implementation of all programs serving families of children ages 3 years through Kindergarten.
- Lead and supervise a team of employees, volunteers and high school interns to deliver meaningful and powerful experiences for young children.
- Select, evaluate and implement curriculum that is developmentally appropriate that establishes a strong biblical framework for leaning God's Word.
- Recruit, develop, encourage and train staff to lead with passion and excellence.
- Exhibit appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity and with regard to adhering to church policies and procedures.
- Oversee Sunday School experience in both the Main building and Loft campuses and lead Early Childhood team in planning and teaching Children of The Woodlands weekly chapels.
- Plan, lead and implement large scale programming for Early Childhood VBS and Story Time seasonal worship services.
- Work with the Children's Ministry Team on planning family focused special events such as Easter and Christmas.
- Manage payroll for Early Childhood staff.
- Manage weekly work schedules and compliance with Safe Sanctuary and appropriate adult/child ratio for Sunday and every Early Childhood event.
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education/Child Development, Christian Education or related field.
- Previous leadership experience working with children's ministry in a large church setting.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint and Keynote.
- Spiritual maturity, creativity, high energy and a strong passion to lead children and families to a deeper understanding of the Gospel message of Christ's love.
Please contact Julie Crocker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children's Ministry: Associate Director, Intermediate Ministries
This position is full-time, exempt with benefits. Forty hours per week with Sunday mornings required. This position reports to the Co-Director of Children's Ministries. The Associate Director of Intermediate Ministries is responsible for the creative planning, strategic development and implementation of all programs serving families of children grades 5th and 6th.
- Lead and supervise a team of employees, volunteers and high school interns to deliver meaningful and powerful experiences for fifth and sixth graders.
Select, evaluate and implement curriculum that is developmentally appropriate that establishes a strong biblical framework for leaning God's Word.
Recruit, develop, encourage and train staff to lead with passion and excellence.
Exhibit appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity and with regard to adhering to church policies and procedures.
Oversee Sunday School and Mid-Week Bible Study experiences and lead in planning and teaching The Woodlands Methodist School weekly fifth through sixth grade chapel.
Plan, lead and implement large scale programming for Summer Day Camp, Camp 247, Various hangout days and seasonal worship services.
Work with the Children's Ministry Team on planning family focused special events such as Easter and Christmas.
Manage payroll for Intermediate staff.
- Previous leadership experience working in children's/youth ministry in a large church.
- Strong presence teaching to large audiences of children and adults.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn new software mediums and apply them: Mailchimp, Rock, ProPresenter.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (including PowerPoint and Keynote).
- A strong and growing personal commitment to Jesus Christ and the church.
- Spiritual maturity, creativity, high energy and a strong passion to lead children and families to a deeper understanding of the Gospel message of Christ's love!
Please contact Chris McLain at email@example.com.
Children’s Ministry: Loft Elementary Ministry Leader
This position is part-time, hourly and non-exempt. Approximately 20-25 hours per week, with Sunday mornings required. This position reports to the Associate Director of Elementary Ministries.
- Prepare Keynote presentations for Sunday School.
- Collaborate with Elementary Team to plan, implement and modify curriculum for Elementary aged children.
- Coordinate Loft Sunday School volunteers and interns.
- Lead children 1st through 4th grades in large and small group settings.
- Implement and deliver age appropriate curriculum, activities and resources.
- Greet parents and volunteers and assist with child check-in process.
- Participate in staff and planning meetings pertaining to key Elementary Ministries and Children's Ministry sponsored events
- Strong, growing Christian with a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Elementary teaching certificate and/or experience working with elementary aged children preferred.
- Knowledge of the Bible and ability to retell Bible stories appropriate for elementary aged children.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint and Keynote.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
Please contact Kelsey Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please.
CREATIVE SERVICES: Weekend Worship Producer - The Church at Woodforest
This position is part-time, hourly and non-exempt. Approximately 20 hours per week with work schedule of Wednesday through Sunday. Work is required during major holiday season such as Easter and Christmas. Competitive hourly pay offered.
- Work with worship planning teams to develop and implement worship series and services
- Serve as a worship producer-this includes coordinating and influencing teams of staff and volunteers in producing call sheets; completing gear-set-up; checking mic assignments; completing pre-service checks; and calling cues for production team during service
- Work closely with worship pastors and worship leaders to develop and manage worship content; including worship flow, set lists, last-minute changes, etc.
- Proof all screen content for accuracy, spelling, completeness, etc.
- Build and run worship graphics in services on a weekly basis
- Compile, edit and manage song libraries on a weekly basis
- Previous live worship production experience in a church is a must
- Previous management experience
- 3 – 5 year experience in at least one of the following areas: worship planning, audio-video production, graphic design, set design, or environmental design
- Software experience with Adobe Creative Suite 5; ProPresenter and ProPlayer; Microsoft Office Suite required
- CCLI / Song Select experience a plus
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- An exceptional eye for detail
- Technical design and/or media production skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
Submit desired pay requirements, resumé, and creative samples to Stephen Bell at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Food Services: Family Life Center Sous Chef
The Woodlands United Methodist Church is looking for a Sous Chef to be responsible for the school lunch program at The Family Life Center. The FLC Sous Chef works with the Director of Food Services to determine the lunch menu, order food and supplies, prepare food, and deliver/serve food to children in a school setting. Culinary experience preferred. Chef test required. Attributes: excellent communication skills, positive attitude, commitment to customer service, ability to work in a team, and willingness to serve. This part-time position works 25 – 29 hours/week, with summers off.
Contact Pam Herron at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Food Services: Cafe
The Woodlands UMC Cafe has two part-time openings in the café.
- Running the cash register
- Taking and processing orders
- Food assembly and production
- Delivery of orders (both at café and in school)
- Cleaning and sanitizing
- Positive, outgoing personality
- Customer service-oriented
- Able to stand for prolonged periods
- Basic mathematics
- Willingness to serve.
Number of hours a week:
18 – 24
Monday – Friday and Sunday from 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Nursery: Childcare Worker
This position is part-time, non-exempt and hourly. Requires the ability to work Sunday mornings and evenings. Some weekday shifts are available with Sunday commitment.
Job Duties and Requirements:
The ideal candidate will be a strong Christian, love working with young children and be a team player.
The job requires the ability to lift 40 pounds, excellent communication skills in English.
Contact Sabrina Horne, email@example.com, 281.297.5911
Recreation Ministry: Cheer Coach
Recreation Ministry is hiring a Part-Time Cheer Coach. In this role, the Cheer Coach is the key component to fulfilling the mission of our Upward Sports League: “To promote the discovery of, and growth in, Jesus through sports.” Upward Sports programs, built around the exclusive 360 Progression, focus on developing the total athlete – mentally, athletically, spiritually and socially. With your guidance, cheerleaders will acquire more than athletic skills; they will be given the resources to find their passion and purpose, equipping them for excellence – in the game, and in life. As a coach, you will be more than an instructor. You will be a mentor, helping young athletes, and their families, develop a life-long relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Disciple of Jesus Christ
- Cheer, Dance, or Gymnastics experience
- Teaching or Coaching experience preferred
- Possess a knowledge of the sport
- Love for kids
- Must pass a background check
This is a seasonal contract position. The cheer coach wiill have a one hour practice per week (15 practices) and a one hour game per week, plus home preparation time.
- 2016 – 2017 Practice and Game Season: November 30 – March 8 (Basketball)
- Flag Football Dates (TBD)
Interested? Please submit a resumé to Garrett Ritter at firstname.lastname@example.org