Upcoming Service Opportunities
Montgomery County Food Bank - Magnolia Food Fair
Saturday, May 18
8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Splendora Junior High.
- Help sort and distribute groceries to the Splendora community
Sunday, May 19 – Saturday, May 25
- On a rotating basis, The Woodlands UMC hosts homeless families that are working to get to back on their feet. Volunteers are needed in a variety of ways to host these families at The Loft.
Learn about additional ways we serve
If you would like to receive an email about upcoming needs or opportunities to serve, contact Susan Kent and let her know in which ministry area you are interested in serving (homeless, women, construction, children, hungry, community, senior adults, prison, seasonal or any general area of local missions).
Like us on Facebook! See photos of how our church serves together!
For more information on any area of service, contact Susan Kent.
we SERVE those who are HOMELESS
45 & Hope: Second Saturday of every month and fifth Saturdays
- UPCOMING DATES TO SERVE: May 11 (FULL), June 8 (FULL), July 13, August 10, August 31
- Cook a meal at the church and deliver food in the church vans along I-45 (9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
- Bake and package cookies with a note of encouragement to be delivered by a volunteer team (Family Friendly)
- UPCOMING DATES TO SERVE: May 19 – 25
- On a rotating basis, The Woodlands UMC hosts homeless families that are working to get to back on their feet.
Volunteer to host these families at The Loft.
- Volunteer with Family Promise in Conroe: run errands, drive a van, office assistance, yard maintenance, repair cars. Contact Martha Mayes
- Conroe House of Prayer
UPCOMING DATES TO SERVE: May 25 (FULL), June 22
5:15 – 7:30 p.m.
Provide dinner on the fourth Saturday of each month and participate in worship (Family Friendly)
10 – 12 volunteers needed to prepare and serve dinner
- Block Walk - Deliver groceries in Dugan neighborhood of Conroe.
Every Thursday from 6:15 – 8:15 p.m.
Quilts for Those Who are Homeless
- Help sew quilts to be distributed through the Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless
- No experience necessary - group meets alternating Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. at The Loft
- For more information, contact JoAnn Johnson.
we SERVE Women in Crisis
- Volunteer with this wonderful ministry for teenage and young mothers and their children.
Montgomery County Women's Center
- Resale store help - Organize and straighten donations, general maintenance
- Reaching Pines (transitional living facility) - Activities needed for children in the evening while moms are in group (days are flexible)
- Collection of baby wipes/diapers (size 4 pull-ups) - Collect as a family and deliver to the center
- Prepare meals for 60 residents - Assemble casseroles and deliver (some could be prepared for the freezer)
Human Trafficking Awareness Ministry
Modern-Day slavery is a real problem that occurs in our own backyard. If you would like to join in the efforts to free women from the bondage that occurs through human trafficking, email Susan Kent for updated information on education trainings and volunteer opportunities. Also, we recommend becoming familiar with the following ministries: Redeemed Ministries, Love 146, Free the Captives, Not for Sale, Freedom Place, Free Our City, Polaris Project, End It.
Preganacy Assistance Center - North
- Provide encouragement and supportive services to women in crisis due to pregnancy. Contact the center directly to find out how you can volunteer today: 281.367.1518
- For more information, call 936.441.7755 or email email@example.com
we SERVE with LIGHT CONSTRUCTION/REPAIR
- Join an email distribution list with people willing to serve those in Montgomery county with homes in various stages of disrepair and/or needing construction. Projects can be provided based on your group size and level of comfort with construction projects. Register to receive emails of the opportunity as projects are needed.
we SERVE AT-RISK CHILDREN
Angel Reach- Assisting teens who have aged out of foster care and families who care for foster children
- Transportation Volunteers - Help transport young adults to school, work and appointments
- Weekly Volunteers - Work a regular schedule (usually one or two partial days a week) at the Angel Reach Resource Center in Conroe. Weekly volunteers work directly with the AR young adults.
- Resource Volunteers - Evening volunteers are needed at the San Jacinto Resource Center - Monday through Friday, 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. (Couples are welcome)
- Mentors - Work one-on-one with AR teens
- Cooking - Prepare meals for AR young adults.
- Cooking Classes - Organize a small group of volunteers to teach the AR kids to make simple meals. Meals can be prepared in the San Jacinto kitchen.
- House Repairs - Making a list of repairs and items needed to fix up the house, recruiting volunteers to help with repairs
- House Checks - One day a week (any day) fill out a checklist on the cleanliness of each of the houses
- Life Skills Classes - Volunteers to attend/chaperone Life Skills meetings, supply the food and help find speakers for Life Skills Meetings
Gospel Lakes Ranch - Day camp for inner-city children in New Waverly
- Volunteer on a Saturday from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. to help with activities, crafts and lunch for inner-city children (Family Friendly)
- Sort and organize donated items on Saturday mornings to help assist foster families (Family Friendly)
- Contact Staci Brady for more information.
Forever Faithful Ministries - Reaching, Teaching and Healing through Horses
- Volunteer at horse ranch that ministers to Special Needs and those who are hurting
- Family Friendly
- Contact Staci Brady for more information.
we SERVE the Hungry
- Help feed those in need by volunteering with multiple churches at a mobile food pantry (Family Friendly)
Montgomery County Food Bank
- Gather food donations and deliver to the Food Bank (list of suggested items are available)
- Sort, clean and pack donations
Third Sunday Food Drive
- Collect food and leave it by your car in the parking lot of the church on the third Sunday; volunteers from the Boy Scouts will pick up and deliver to local food pantry. (Family Friendly)
we SERVE Senior Adults
- Elderly couples who are members of our congregation need assistance with yard clean up and weeding. (Family Friendly)
- Visit seniors at our local senior living facilities or host a bingo game or party — great for families or small groups. (Family Friendly)
we SERVE our CHURCH and COMMUNITY
Driving Family Futures
- Donations of cars are used to provide transportation to families coming out of homelessness. Cars accepted in any condition. Donations of other vehicles are also accepted. Contact Susan Kent for more information.
- Blood drives are held at the church five times a year on Sunday mornings at the Main Campus and The Loft. Both donors and volunteers are needed. Contact Kyle Russell for more information.
- Women of all ages needed year round to make hand-crafted items for the annual Masterpiece Gala and Boutique in November. All proceeds go to the Missions Ministry. Contact Ruth Hoffman for more information.
Living Way United Methodist Church (on 242)
- Assist us in partnering with a local UM church by helping them stock their food pantry, provide repair assistance to their members and participate in seasonal activities in outreach to the surrounding community
Interfaith of The Woodlands
- Volunteer to help with family services, senior services or the community clinic. Contact their volunteer coordinator at 281.367.1230
Society of St. Stephen
- The church provides financial assistance to needy families in our congregation and the South Montgomery County area. If you would like to help with a special donation, contact Susan Kent or contact the church regarding a designated offering to this ministry.
we SERVE those in PRISON
Kairos Prison Ministry/Restorative Justice
- Volunteers are needed to mentor incarcerated prisoners and ex-offenders. Volunteers are also needed to serve on Kairos and Epiphany weekends as well as in the Prison Entrepreneurship program. (Also see Angel Tree)
we SERVE in SEASONAL MINISTRIES
- Provide Christmas gifts and clothing for the children of people who are incarcerated and cannot care for their families. This ministry is part of Prison Fellowship and volunteer opportunities are available for buyers, coordinators as well as deliverers. Conact Ann Lawnin for more information.
- Help low-income families in our area by purchasing gifts and providing Christmas dinners. Volunteer opportunities are available for buyers, collectors and for school deliverers. Contact Betsy Sebastian for more information.
Short-term Mission Trips
we SERVE as ONLINE MISSIONARIES
- Share the message and love of Jesus Christ with people all over the world from your own computer in the comfort of your own home through Global Media Outreach, an offshoot of Campus Crusade for Christ.
Contact Ginny Foley or call 281.419.8458 for more information.