Children’s Ministry: Ministry Leader
Part-time positions open in Pre-K – 6th grade for people who want to teach, inspire and worship with children. We are looking for individuals with computer skills, organizational skills, creative ideas and flexible schedules. If you are a committed Christian with Bible knowledge and the ability to assist in planning and implementing Sunday School, Bible studies, Chapel and special events, please email your resume to Jennifer Sims at email@example.com for more information about this position.
Finance Department: Accounting Supervisor
We are looking for an Accounting Supervisor. CPA or extensive experience required. For more information about this position, contact Danielle Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please.
Media Department: Audio Technician
The Woodlands United Methodist Church / Media & Communications Department is seeking an experienced and skilled audio engineer and media technician.
Candidate possesses proven ability to:
- Mix a variety of live music instruments, voices and music styles using large-format digital consoles and small analog mixers.
- Operate audio, video and lighting equipment to provide support for a wide variety of worship services, conference-style meetings, and special events.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems.
- Successfully interact with a wide variety of people and personalities in a positive and productive manner.
- Effectively communicate with pastors, ministry leaders, volunteers and outside contacts to provide adequate equipment and media support for various events
- Operate Venue, PM1D and/or M7CL audio consoles as needed
- Set up and tear down audio, video and lighting equipment on a daily basis
- Successfully format and play back various recorded media elements in live events
- Operate equipment to successfully record audio and video of live events
- Maintain and organize equipment inventory
- Operate lighting consoles as needed
- Operate video cameras as needed
- Assist with equipment storage, maintenance and repairs
3-5 years related experience is required. College degree or trade school certification preferred. Knowledge of Macintosh and PC (desktop and laptop) computers required. Knowledge of Pro Presenter, Adobe Creative Suite, Apple Keynote and Microsoft PowerPoint is preferred. Knowledge of Pro Tools is preferred. Permanent, full-time hours and days off vary, depending on weekly scheduled events. Sunday and evening work required. Some flexible or extended hours will be required during Christmas, Easter and other special events on campus. Some travel is required. High school diploma required.
- Lifting approximately 10-75 pounds will be required to pick-up, move and install media equipment.
- Some climbing is required.
- Driving vans, box trucks, and work trucks + trailer is required.
Submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Mike Sims, Director of Media and Communications via email at: email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Recreation Ministry: Director of Recreation
Create, develop, implement and oversee operation of all recreation ministries in a manner that fulfills The Woodlands United Methodist Church mission of “Win people to Jesus Christ, Disciple them in Faith and Help those in Need.” Areas of accountability include effectiveness in ministry, program quality, customer satisfaction and fiscal management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creation, development, implementation and oversight of all recreation programs for children, youth, adult and senior constituents with emphasis on team activities.
- Effectively reach the unchurched in our community while offering members of the church body an opportunity to grow in their walk with Christ.
- Market recreational ministry for growth in children, youth, adult and senior programs, providing new activities and opportunities and the highest level of excellence for participants.
- Develop and promote special events, league activities and summer camp programs.
- Coordinate, develop and promote and lead PE programs with and for The Woodlands United Methodist Schools.
- Develop programs in concert with other church outreach/evangelism efforts.
- Negotiate, review and renew contracts with outside groups such as Jazzercisze, Texas Boot Camp and Move Free.
- Manage all recreation programs and events.
- Recruit, train, support and provide leadership for Recreation Staff and volunteers for all areas of the recreation ministry.
- Coordinate the maintenance and safety of recreational facilities and equipment with church Facilities staff.
- Maintain and uphold all compliance and safety regulations, training and standards for the Recreation Ministry.
- Articulates overall vision for Recreation Ministry, forming yearly goals and strategies for maintaining and growing participation.
- Plan, submit and oversee an annual budget, both capital and operating expense, including fees associated with recreation programs.
A Strong Christian base. This person must have a spiritual grounding and theological alignment with the church’s mission. That is, recreation ministry is a means to an end; the focus is on Christ and the vehicle is recreation. This would manifest itself in active small group ministry and community outreach with a servant’s heart.
Good organizational and marketing skills. This person must work within the context of the larger church, not only in mission but also facilities and budget. This person will recognize that recreation is a major platform for the church in the community. Enhancing the role and image of The Woodlands UMC in both qualitative and quantitative ways is a key objective.
The Recreation Programs. They need to be high quality and touch all constituencies and age groups – children, youth, adult and seniors, male and female. Further, they should promote a holistic lifestyle encompassing spiritual, emotional, mental as well as physical health and wellness. They should cover a wide range of group, team or individual activity and consider progressive programs beyond sporting events.
- An undergraduate (bachelor’s) degree is preferred, particularly in Physical Education, Kinesiology, Recreation or Christian Education.
- Experience in running recreation programs is preferred.
- Understanding of budget accountability.
- Excellent organizational skills, working knowledge of multiple program areas, and strong interpersonal skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to supervise staff and volunteers in various capacities.
To apply, contact Pam Herron at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
The Woodlands Methodist School: Principal
The Woodlands Methodist School (TWMS) is seeking a principal for their growing elementary school. We are looking for an administrator who is a committed Christian with strong communication and leadership skills. TWMS provides a hands-on, developmentally appropriate learning environment to achieve high academic standards. Qualified applicants should possess a master’s degree and administrative experience in the field of elementary education. Please email resume and references to Rebecca Coates at email@example.com.
For general inquiries, contact the Front Desk at 281.297.5900.