Grace Point Counseling Center
Special Needs Ministry
Director of Early Childhood Ministries
- Lead and inspire a team of staff, volunteers and high school interns to deliver meaningful, intentional and powerful experiences for young children to know the love of Jesus.
- Maintain strong interpersonal skills bent toward a cooperative, collaborative team leadership style.
- Select, evaluate and implement curriculum that is developmentally appropriate, theologically sound and establishes a strong biblical framework and love for learning God’s Word.
- Exhibit best practices using appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality with regard to church policies and procedures.
- Develop, encourage and train staff and volunteers to lead with passion and excellence.
- Provide clear direction and communicate strategies to Early Childhood Ministry team.
- Teach large group and small group lessons with enthusiasm, energy and an age-appropriate approach.
- Work collaboratively with members of the Children’s Ministry Leadership team.
- Offer regular communication to volunteers that expresses appreciation, inspires and informs them.
- Oversee Sunday School experience in both Main building and Loft campuses to include curriculum selection, room set-ups, planning and logistics associated with delivering a meaningful and excellent experience for children and families.
- Co-lead Children of The Woodlands Pre-School and The Woodlands Methodist School weekly chapels.
- Plan, lead and implement large-scale programming: VBS, Story Time, seasonal children’s worship
- Manage payroll for Early Childhood staff and high-school intern team.
- Write and communicate weekly schedules for Sunday morning and special event staffing needs.
- Plan and manage program budgets and track expenses.
- Interview and make recommendations for hiring Ministry Leaders and Interns.
- Accountable for compliance with Safe Sanctuary guidelines and appropriate adult/child ratios in every Sunday School classroom, on every Sunday, and at every Early Childhood event.
- Previous leadership experience working in children’s ministry in a large church setting.
- Strong presence teaching to large audiences of children and adults!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education / Child Development, Christian Education or related field.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (including PowerPoint and Keynote).
- A strong and growing personal commitment to Jesus Christ and the church.
- Spiritual maturity, creativity, high energy and a strong passion to lead children and families to a deeper understanding of the Gospel message of Christ’s love!
The Director of Early Childhood Ministries is responsible for the creative vision, strategic development and implementation of all programs serving families of children ages 3 years through Kindergarten. The Woodlands UMC is a thriving 11,000 member church offering Saturday evening, Sunday morning and mid-week children’s programming with an average attendance of 900+ children in multiple locations on Sunday mornings. Strong emphasis is placed on delivering special events that draw families together to worship, serve and grow together in faith and discipleship.
Competencies and Expectations
Full-Time / Exempt / Benefits
Director of Children’s Ministries
Contact Jennifer Sims for more information. No phone calls, please.
Creative Services: Full-Stack Web Developer
- Write backend code for LAMP servers to meet functional specs
- Connect with existing third-party and custom apps using various APIs
- Be challenged to always improve on your own work
- Have the freedom to explore new methods and technologies
- Embrace HTML5, CSS3 and ECMAScript 6
- Comment, document and version control your code
- Adhere to established industry standards and protocols
- Have a sharp attention to detail
- Enjoy working with passionate, creative folks
- Love Jesus
The Woodlands United Methodist Church is seeking a web developer to join their creative services team. This position is ideal for someone looking to build their experience and portfolio in a faith-based environment.
What You’ll Do:
You Need To:
This is a permanent, full-time, on-site, salaried position. Benefits included. Ample caffeine included. Agencies, freelancers and remote workers will not be considered. If you feel you would be a good fit, send your cover letter, resume and asking salary to Shawn Maddock, Interactive Director: email@example.com. No phone calls please. We look forward to hearing from you!
Food Services: Family Life Center Sous Chef
The Woodlands United Methodist Church is looking for a Sous Chef to be responsible for the school lunch program at The Family Life Center. The FLC Sous Chef works with the Director of Food Services to determine the lunch menu, order food and supplies, prepare food, and deliver/serve food to children in a school setting. Culinary experience preferred. Chef test required. Attributes: excellent communication skills, positive attitude, commitment to customer service, ability to work in a team, and willingness to serve. This part-time position works 25–29 hours/week, with summers off.
Contact Pam Herron for more information.
Food Services: Cafe
The Woodlands UMC Cafe has two part time openings.
running the cash register, taking and processing orders, food assembly and production, the delivery of orders (both at café and in school), cleaning and sanitizing
positive outgoing personality, Customer service oriented, able to stand for prolonged periods, basic mathematics, and willingness to serve.
Number of hours a week:
18 – 24
Monday – Friday and Sunday from 8 am – 2:30 pm.
Grace Point Counseling Center: Child, Adolescent and Family Therapist/Counselor
Grace Point Counseling Center (GPCC) is a ministry of The Woodlands United Methodist Church. We offer compassionate and caring services in a confidential, professional setting, accepting of all individuals with various life circumstances. We offer emotional guidance and support with a non-judgmental approach. We offer services to individuals, couples, families, children and adolescents.
Qualifications: LMFT, LPC, LPC-RPT, LCSW, PhD
Applicants need to be licensed to practice in the State of Texas.
The therapist/counselor must have the ability and be willing to provide clinical assessment and intervention services in the counseling center. (Occasionally services may be in the natural environment: school or home with the permission of GPCC executive director.) The therapist must have experience in working with children ages 3–12 who may have experienced trauma, behavioral and emotional problems. The applicant must be open to a variety of treatment modalities tailored to meet the needs of individual child/parents/family involved. Work history should include case management, family work, outpatient individual play therapy, trauma, attachment, parenting skills, family counseling and group work experience.
The therapist/counselor must have the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and to interact collaboratively with other agencies and physicians. Also, he/she must have strong organizational skills and be a flexible team member.
Applicant must meet State licensing requirements (including educational requirements to keep license current) and provide professional liability insurance. GPCC therapists/counselors are registered with different insurance entities in order to receive payments from clients’ insurance. We will assist you with this registration. He/she must also agree to The Woodlands United Methodist Church policies and procedures.
Work Schedule: This is a part time position (20–25 client hours a week) and requires three evenings a week. Other hours will be jointly determined with therapist/counselor and GPCC Executive Director, according to GPCC office hours: Monday – Thursday, 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. (last client seen at 7:00 p.m.); Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Location: Grace Point Counseling Center, 9201 Grogan’s Mill Road, The Woodlands, Texas 77380
Contact Susan Jones, Executive Director of Grace Point Counseling Center, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Nursery: Child Care Worker
Nursery child care worker positions available for Sunday mornings. The ideal candidate will be a strong Christian, love working with preschool-aged children and be a team player. The job requires the ability to lift 40 lbs. on a regular basis and excellent communication in English. In addition to Sunday mornings, weekday and evening hours may be available. Woodforest Worship Community positions coming soon. Contact Sabrina Horne at 281.297.5911.
Special Needs Ministry: Ministry Assistant
- Preparing teaching materials.
- Providing direction to intern and volunteer team on weekends.
- Welcoming participants and their families upon arrival.
- Teaching or assisting with individual or group lessons.
- Reinforcing and facilitating small group activities.
- Overseeing safe and timely dismissal.
- Ensuring the environment is clean and all materials put away.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A growing Christian with passion to share God’s love with everyone.
- Experience and/or familiarity with various disabilities (training is available).
- Experience in teaching or with special needs individuals.
- Ability to manage a Sunday school classroom.
- A positive, helpful demeanor at all times; ability to collaborate with others.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with appropriate discretion.
- A neat, professional appearance; punctual and reliable.
- Must be physically able to keep up with children and young adults.
- Computer skills with Microsoft programs, email and internet proficiency.
- College coursework in education, healthcare or a related field is preferred.
The Special Needs Ministry Assistant provides a consistent adult staff presence for Special Needs Ministry activities while fostering a positive environment for discipleship, fellowship, and worship. The Special Needs Ministry Assistant participates in Special Needs Ministry weekend worship activities and is also a vital component of Special Needs Ministry programming at The Woodlands UMC.
Assist Special Needs Coordinators as directed, including but not limited to:
Skills and Requirements:
Part-Time / Non-exempt / Hourly
10-12 hours/week, including three Sundays a month from 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. and a Saturday evening work rotation. Additional hours during the workweek may be required to support other Special Needs Ministry events.
Special Needs Ministry Coordinator
Interested candidates should submit their résumé to Kelli Manning. No phone calls please. Please note that candidates will be asked to participate in a Sunday morning experience as part of the interview process.