- Sunday Ministry Lead
Children of The Woodlands Methodist School (COTW)
- Preschool Director
- Facilities Assistant
- Family Life Center Sous Chef
Grace Point Counseling Center
- Child, Adolescent and Family Therapist/Counselor
- Child Care Worker
Children’s Ministry: Sunday Ministry Lead
- Preparing the classroom/learning area on Sunday mornings
- Providing direction to volunteer and intern team
- Welcoming children and families as they arrive
- Assist with attendance and offering
- Assisting with large group learning
- Reinforcing and facilitating small group activities
- Concluding the lesson and dismissing students
- Clean up the environment
The Sunday Ministry Lead role has been designed to give children a consistent adult staff presence in each area of Children’s Ministry on Sunday mornings, while providing the right tone and environment for learning. The Sunday Ministry Lead is responsible for having a dedicated weekly focus on sharing biblical truths about Jesus Christ in a fun and exciting way.
The Sunday Ministry Lead serves one age/grade group during each of our two service hours: 9:30 and 11:00 a.m. Responsibilities include:
The Sunday Ministry Leader serves on Sundays from 8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Curriculum is provided; Sunday Ministry Leader is simply presenting the prepared lesson weekly. Arrangements can be made if Ministry Leader needs to miss an occasional Sunday. The position is based on a weekly stipend and assumes a minimum of 46 Sundays per year; no health benefits are provided.
The ideal candidate is high energy, loves kids, enjoys being on a stage on a mic, and is gifted in teaching about the Lord. Candidates will work directly with Early Childhood, Elementary or Intermediate Ministry Teams. Candidates will be asked to participate in a Sunday morning experience as part of the interview process.
Please contact Julie Crocker for more information. No phone calls, please.
COTW Preschool Director
- Master’s degree in child development, early childhood education or related field
- Five or more years of administrative and classroom experience with children ages 0 – 8
- Committed Christian capable of sharing one’s faith
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Develop and implement school-wide strategies for best practices in early childhood based on our developmental, hands-on philosophy; including curriculum, resources, instructional practices, assessment of children and faculty evaluation.
- Provide guidance to the Curriculum Director to ensure that school curriculum aligns with the mission, beliefs and priorities of COTW and TWUMC, while also meeting the individual needs of the children.
- Oversee student recruitment, admissions, and registration processes, including conducting tours, meeting with families, and establishing community connections.
- Develop and maintain relationships with school families, foster good communication between home and school, supporting best practices for young children, and provide families opportunities for volunteering, participating and having a voice in school activities.
- Administer the day to day operation of the school in keeping with its policies and philosophy, being on the premises while in session, or designating a temporary director.
- Oversee school management policies and processes including, Parent and Staff Handbooks, student discipline, conflict resolution, crisis intervention, and parent/teacher communications.
- Recruit, Interview, select, supervise, train, schedule, evaluate and terminate personnel in the best interest of the school.
- Define expectations, assess, and manage performance of faculty.
- Oversee professional development of faculty and staff, including annual WECARE community-wide early childhood training event.
- Foster open communication, comradery, and team building among faculty members.
- Ensure school attains and maintains applicable state licensing and accreditations.
- Oversee school security, fire and severe weather drills, safety checks and inspections.
- Collaborate with other TWUMC programs such as Children’s Ministry and the church nursery; creating opportunities for faith development in young children and their families.
- Develop and manage school budget in compliance with TWUMC policies and accounting practices. Approve purchase, inventory and management of supplies.
- Collaborate with School Business Office on pay scales, job offers, and employment procedures.
- Oversee the use and maintenance of all school facilities to ensure a clean, orderly, and safe environment.
- Serve as voting member of TWMS School Advisory Board and exercise proactive leadership in promoting the vision and mission of the school, including school budget, class offerings and fees.
- Demonstrate professional, ethical, and responsible behavior and serve as a role model for faculty and families.
- Meet school and church requirements for professional growth.
- Perform other duties as needed.
The Administrative Director is responsible for managing the personnel, programming, and facilities of Children of The Woodlands (COTW) consistent with the mission, beliefs, and values of the school and The Woodlands United Methodist Church (TWUMC).
The Administrative Director reports to the Executive Director of Child Development and is also accountable to TWMS School Advisory Board.
The following positions report to the Administrative Director: Curriculum Director, Developmental Consultant, Literacy Consultant, Office Coordinator, Office Assistants, Resource Coordinator, Receptionist, Nurses, Library Coordinator, all Lead Teachers and all Assistant Teachers.
Qualified candidates may send resumes to Linda Wilmoth at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
- Must be able to read, write and otherwise communicate effectively in English with a problem solving and helpful demeanor at all times.
- Must have a neat, professional appearance, be very punctual and reliable.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to operate a computer to fill out reports, check email, etc.
- Must be willing to receive training in basic first aid and be willing to utilize that training in the position.
- Must be willing to learn the campus life safety systems and aid in their operation, monitoring, testing and function.
- Must be able to provide appropriate customer service levels for all persons on campus and do so in a professional, courteous way.
- Must maintain a constant awareness of people and events happening on campus.
- Must be physically able to perform all duties of the position in any type of weather and be willing to work varied shifts, schedules, holidays and overtime as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The following description is a brief indicator of those duties to be carried out by the employee. This list is not all-inclusive and the duties may change or the job description may be altered or amended at any time by the employer.
This position will monitor the campus for building maintenance items, safety issues, prohibited or concerning behavior of persons throughout the campus, respond to emergency situations to minimize risk and / or loss to buildings, property or persons.
$11 hourly / 40 hours per week + benefits
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position.
Interested candidates may send their resume to Pam Herron, at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Food Services: Family Life Center Sous Chef
The Woodlands United Methodist Church is looking for a Sous Chef to be responsible for the school lunch program at The Family Life Center. The FLC Sous Chef works with the Director of Food Services to determine the lunch menu, order food and supplies, prepare food, and deliver/serve food to children in a school setting. Culinary experience preferred. Chef test required. Attributes: excellent communication skills, positive attitude, commitment to customer service, ability to work in a team, and willingness to serve. This part-time position works 25–29 hours/week, with summers off.
Contact Pam Herron for more information.
Food Services: Cafe
The Woodlands UMC Cafe has two part time openings.
running the cash register, taking and processing orders,food assembly and production,the delivery of orders (both at café and in school), cleaning and sanitizing
positive outgoing personality,Customer service oriented,able to stand for prolonged periods,basic mathematics,and willingness to serve.
Number of hours a week:
18 – 24
Monday – Friday and Sunday from 8 am – 2:30 pm.
Grace Point Counseling Center: Child, Adolescent and Family Therapist/Counselor
Grace Point Counseling Center (GPCC) is a ministry of The Woodlands United Methodist Church. We offer compassionate and caring services in a confidential, professional setting, accepting of all individuals with various life circumstances. We offer emotional guidance and support with a non-judgmental approach. We offer services to individuals, couples, families, children and adolescents.
Qualifications: LMFT, LPC, LPC-RPT, LCSW, PhD
Applicants need to be licensed to practice in the State of Texas.
The therapist/counselor must have the ability and be willing to provide clinical assessment and intervention services in the counseling center. (Occasionally services may be in the natural environment: school or home with the permission of GPCC executive director.) The therapist must have experience in working with children ages 3–12 who may have experienced trauma, behavioral and emotional problems. The applicant must be open to a variety of treatment modalities tailored to meet the needs of individual child/parents/family involved. Work history should include case management, family work, outpatient individual play therapy, trauma, attachment, parenting skills, family counseling and group work experience.
The therapist/counselor must have the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and to interact collaboratively with other agencies and physicians. Also, he/she must have strong organizational skills and be a flexible team member.
Applicant must meet State licensing requirements (including educational requirements to keep license current) and provide professional liability insurance. GPCC therapists/counselors are registered with different insurance entities in order to receive payments from clients’ insurance. We will assist you with this registration. He/she must also agree to The Woodlands United Methodist Church policies and procedures.
This is a part time position (20–25 client hours a week) and requires three evenings a week. Other hours will be jointly determined with therapist/counselor and GPCC Executive Director, according to GPCC office hours: Monday – Thursday, 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. (last client seen at 7:00 p.m.); Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Grace Point Counseling Center, 9201 Grogan’s Mill Road, The Woodlands, Texas 77380
Contact Susan Jones, Executive Director of Grace Point Counseling Center, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Nursery: Child Care Worker
Nursery child care worker positions available for Sunday mornings. The ideal candidate will be a strong Christian, love working with preschool-aged children and be a team player. The job requires the ability to lift 40 lbs. on a regular basis and excellent communication in English. In addition to Sunday mornings, weekday and evening hours may be available. Woodforest Worship Community positions coming soon. Contact Sabrina Horne at 281.297.5911.