Special Needs Ministry
Children’s Ministry: Early Childhood Ministry Leader
- Strong, growing Christian with a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and able to share Christ’s love with others
- Early childhood or elementary teaching certificate and experience preferred
- Attend and participate in Children's Ministry staff meetings, departmental meetings and all church staff chapels and meetings
- Lead children, ages 3 yrs – Kindergarten, in a large group and small group settings
- Help recruit, train and appreciate volunteers
- Communicate and work with all church staff, volunteers and parents
- Help plan, implement and modify curriculum for Early Childhood-aged children
- Communicate and work with all church staff, volunteers and parents
- Knowledge of the Bible and ability to retell Bible stories developmentally appropriate for young children
- Participate in planning and implementation of Children’s Ministry Events*
- Organize weekly sign-in sheets, name tags, and visitor information, and turn in information and volunteer forms to the Volunteer Coordinator
- Help with coordination and communication for Sunday School volunteers
- Submit supply and resource needs to be filled by administrative assistant
- Help coordinate volunteers for craft team
- Implement and deliver a developmentally aged appropriate curriculum, activities and resources
- Help prepare craft and hands-on learning activities each week
- Work with and assist the Early Childhood interns on Sunday mornings to meet ministry goals
- Help to coordinate the music for praise and worship for large group on Sunday morning
- Greet parents and volunteers and assist with child check-in process
- Seasonal story time for preschoolers
- Chapel service for The Methodist Day School and preschool two days a week
- Children’s Christmas Eve Service and Easter worship services
- Vacation Bible School
- Father-Daughter Dance
- Mother-Son Fall Ball
- Fall Picnic
Skills and Requirements:
Program Involvement / Sunday Mornings:
*Children’s Ministry Events:
Part-Time / Non-exempt / Hourly
20 – 25 hours per week with flexible work hours, weekly staff meetings, events pertaining to Early Childhood Ministries and Children’s Ministry sponsored events. Sunday morning availability required.
Children’s Ministry Director
Contact Jennifer Sims for more information. No phone calls, please.
Children’s Ministry: Elementary Ministry Leader
- Strong, growing Christian with a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and able to share Christ’s love with others.
- Elementary teaching certificate and/or experience working with elementary aged children preferred
- Attend and participate in elementary ministry staff meetings, departmental meetings and all church staff chapels and meetings
- Help recruit, train and appreciate volunteers.
- Communicate and work with all church staff, volunteers and parents.
- Help plan, implement and modify curriculum for Elementary aged children.
- Knowledge of the Bible and ability to retell bible stories developmentally appropriate for elementary aged (1st – 4th grade) children.
- Participate in planning and implementation of Children’s Ministry Events.**
- Assist with preparing Keynote presentations for Sunday School.
- Help with coordination and communication for Sunday School volunteers and Sunday morning interns.
- Submit supply and resource needs to be filled by administrative assistant.
- Lead children 1st through 4th grades in a large group and small group settings in both Loft and Main campus.
- Implement and deliver a developmentally aged appropriate curriculum, activities and resources.
- Help prepare craft and hands-on learning activities each week.
- Work with and assist the Elementary interns and volunteers on Sunday mornings to meet Ministry goals.
- Greet parents and volunteers and assist with child check-in process.
- Collect first time guest information and volunteers and submit to administrative assistant.
- COTW/TWMS Chapel Time – Wednesday & Thursday mornings (Special Easter & Christmas)
- Elementary Wed. evening ministry – TBD in January 2016
- CM Camp 247
- Vacation Bible School
- Children’s Christmas Eve and Easter Eve worship services
- Father/Daughter Dance
- Mother Son Fall Ball
- Family Mission projects
Skills and Requirements
Program Involvement / Sunday Mornings
Children’s Ministry Key Programs & Events (outside of Sunday Morning)
Weekday programs – (school year)
Seasonal / Special Events
Part-time position, 20 - 25 hours per week with flexible work hours, involvement in staff meetings, events pertaining to Elementary Ministries and Children’s Ministry sponsored events. Sunday morning availability required. Reports to the Director of Elementary Ministries.
Contact Jennifer Sims for more information. No phone calls, please.
Creative Services: Digital Content Producer
- Maintain timely content across websites, social media and email
- Share highlights of Sunday worship and large events
- Write strategic, engaging and search-optimized content
- Edit digital copy to ensure proper grammar, spelling and style
- Create simple graphics from templates
- Post and share in-house videos across social networks
- Understand organizational cultures and strategies, and how/where digital content fits-in
- Write with intention, using a consistent voice and personality
- Develop and implement campaigns across multiple digital platforms
- Analyze metrics to measure effectiveness and reach
- See what's missing and what to do about it
- A Christ-centered heart
- Significant experience with popular social media platforms
- Excitement for the potential of online media
- Excellent command of written English
- Ability to add basic markup and meta-tagging to content
- Basic proficiency with Adobe Photoshop
- Very high attention to detail
The Woodlands UMC is seeking a part-time digital content producer to join our creative services team. We are looking for a quick-witted, energetic, outgoing personality that thrives making new connections in person and online.
You Are Able To:
This is a permanent, part-time, on-site, hourly position. Must be available to work for a few hours on Sundays (caffeine provided!). If you feel you would be a good fit, send your cover letter, resume, desired pay rate and social media handles to Shawn Maddock, Interactive Director at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
No phone calls, please. Agencies, freelancers and remote workers will not be considered.
Creative Services: Technical Director
- Work with Creative Director and Facilities / Operations stakeholders to formulate strategy for equipment acquisition, installation, and maintenance, including cost analysis, trend reports, and transition planning
- Design and implement equipment infrastructure that meets church’s needs, is cost effective, and promotes consistency across multiple users
- Interface with worship planning teams and other church staff to ensure optimal technical support of worship production, special events, and conference facilities
- Plan and direct installing and upgrading of technical equipment
- Negotiate with vendors to get the highest level of service for the church’s technical assets
- Establish and enforce guidelines for use of equipment and systems
- Learn about new technology and look for cost-effective ways to upgrade equipment and systems
- Plan and direct the work of technical staff, including A/V engineers, technicians, and operators
- Determine short- and long-term technical personnel needs
- Work with Media team members and other church staff to provide solutions for video, lighting and sound in a clear and simple manner
- Use worship planning tools to prepare equipment and systems for worship services
- Operate, monitor, and adjust audio and video equipment to regulate volume and sound quality in broadcasts, special events, and worship services
- Install audio, video, and lighting equipment, including complex wiring of digital sound and mixing boards and related equipment
- Perform ongoing assessments of equipment and systems to determine need for upgrades, repairs, or maintenance
- Install and program large format digital mixing consoles and train others to operate
- Set up and tear down audio, video, and lighting equipment, including microphones, speakers, video screens, projectors, video monitors, and recording equipment for special events and worship services
- Utilize industry standard software for multi-track audio capture and editing
- Convert video and audio assets to digital formats for editing and archiving
- Perform in-house maintenance and repairs of equipment and systems as needed, and/or make recommendations to outsource such work
- Keep records of recordings and equipment used
- media scheduling manager
- audio engineers
- video engineers
- lighting techs
- media techs
- Three-to-five years technical experience managing technical staff and audio, video and/or lighting systems in theatrical performance venues of at least 1,000 seats
- Production management experience, preferably managing a technical department with assets of at least $1M dollars
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent trade school or certification training in a technical field of study
- Experience managing production equipment and personnel, preferably for worship services in a large church environment
- Experience with A/V production and troubleshooting in a live production environment; preferably worship
- Experience with complex A/V equipment, including digital audio, video and lighting control consoles
- Electrical engineering experience or background
- Certified Technical Specialist credential
The Woodlands United Methodist Church is seeking an experienced Technical Director for the purpose of maintaining and managing all audio, visual, and lighting systems used for live productions and for managing the technical staff needed to run these systems.
Asset Management Responsibilities
Live Production Responsibilities
Candidate has proven ability to direct and successfully lead others in a production environment. This is a leadership position in charge of managing the following team members:
Lifting approximately 10-75 pounds is required to pick up, move and install media equipment. Some climbing required. Scissor lift and fork lift operation required with proper safety certification.
This is a permanent, full-time position. Competitive salary and full benefits offered. Submit desired salary requirements, resume and creative samples to Mike Sims, Creative Director: firstname.lastname@example.org. NO phone calls please.
Creative Services: Weekend Worship Graphic Designer
- Passionate about worship
- A self-starter
- Reliable and consistent
- A team player working in a creative and collaborative environment
- Passionate about designing elements that serve a variety of worship venues
- Organized and have a high attention to detail
- Comfortable working under the pressure of multiple deadlines
- Proven success working with Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, and Premiere
- A strong grasp of worship presentation and planning software such as ProPresenter and Planning Center
- A great eye for design detail and can visualize and conceptualize ideas
- Experience communicating with clients to deliver a superior product
- Proven ability to stay focused and successfully perform work tasks in a live production environment
- Work closely with the Worship Arts Director, pastors, worship leaders and production staff to develop and manage screen content including animated graphics, still graphics, song lyrics, sermon slide content, etc.
- Attend weekly meetings where you will gather information for upcoming sermon series and services
- Create and edit worship graphics; adapt graphic concepts for print, social media, web, and various other avenues for marketing and advertising
- Compile, edit and manage song libraries on a weekly basis
- Proof all screen content for accuracy, spelling, completeness, etc.
- Operate screen graphics and video playback in worship on a weekly basis
The Woodlands United Methodist Church seeks an experienced graphic designer / operator for the purpose of creatively advancing the Gospel message in a variety of worship styles (traditional, contemporary, modern).
The Weekend Worship Graphic Designer will serve on the worship production team — a dedicated group of creatives with a passion for providing authentic worship in all worship communities at the church. The ideal candidate will work closely with the Worship Arts Director to bring visions and concepts from the pastoral leadership team to life in a meaningful and creative way.
Our church is a dynamic and vibrant place to work. We seek to advance the Kingdom of God with our gifts and talents and all that we do. If you are a person with this skill set we want to work with you!
This is a permanent, full-time salaried position with paid vacation and health benefits. Weekly work schedule requires various hours, Wednesday through Sunday. This role requires work during Christmas and Easter. Submit desired salary, resume and relevant creative samples to Steven Bedingfield, Worship Arts Director: email@example.com. No phone calls and no agency inquiries please.
Facilities Department: Facilities Assistant
This position will monitor the campus for building maintenance items, safety issues, prohibited or concerning behavior of persons throughout the campus, respond to emergency situations to minimize risk and / or loss to buildings, property or persons.
40 hours per week. Must be able to work any assigned schedule.
General Scope of Work
- Must be able to read, write and otherwise communicate effectively in English with a problem solving and helpful demeanor at all times.
- Must have a neat, professional appearance, be very punctual and reliable.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to operate a computer to fill out reports, check email, etc…
- Must be willing to receive training in basic first aid and be willing to utilize that training in the position.
- Must be willing to learn the campus life safety systems and aid in their operation, monitoring, testing and function.
- Must be able to provide appropriate customer service levels for all persons on campus and do so in a professional, courteous way.
- Must maintain a constant awareness of people and events happening on campus.
- Must be physically able to perform all duties of the position in any type of weather and be willing to work varied shifts, schedules, holidays and overtime as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This description is not all-inclusive and the duties may change or the job description may be altered or amended at any time by the employer.
$11 hourly plus benefits
Contact Donald Harris for more information. No phone calls, please.
Food Services: Café
The Woodlands UMC Café has two part time openings. Duties include: running the cash register, taking and processing orders, food assembly and production, the delivery of orders (both at café and in school), cleaning and sanitizing. Attributes: positive outgoing personality, Customer service oriented, able to stand for prolonged periods, basic mathematics, and willingness to serve. Number of hours a week: 18 – 24. Shifts: Monday – Friday and Sunday from 8 am – 2:30 pm.
Nursery: Child Care Worker
Nursery child care worker positions available for Sunday mornings. The ideal candidate will be a strong Christian, love working with preschool-aged children and be a team player. The job requires the ability to lift 40 lbs. on a regular basis and excellent communication in English. In addition to Sunday mornings, weekday and evening hours may be available. Woodforest Worship Community positions coming soon. Contact Sabrina Horne at 281.297.5911.
Special Needs Ministry: Ministry Assistant
- Weekly preparation of materials
- Providing direction to intern and volunteer team
- Welcoming participants and their families upon arrival
- Assistance with attendance and any monetary exchange
- Teaching or assisting with individual or group lessons
- Reinforcing and facilitating small group activities
- Oversee safe and timely dismissal
- Ensuring the environment is clean and all materials put away
- A positive, helpful demeanor at all times; able to collaborate with others
- A neat, professional appearance; punctual, and reliable
- Must be in good health and physically able to keep up with children and young adults
- Know Christ, have a growing relationship with Him, and is passionate to share God’s love with everyone
- Familiarity with various disabilities is necessary, but training is available. A college degree in education or healthcare is preferred. Computer skills are essential.
The Special Needs Ministry Assistant role has been designed to provide a consistent adult staff presence in each area of Special Needs Ministry while providing the right tone and environment for learning, fellowshipping, and worshiping. The Special Needs Ministry Assistant participates in Sunday morning activities but is also a vital component of the many opportunities provided to the Special Needs Ministry community at The Woodlands UMC.
Candidates should have the following attributes:
The position is based on an hourly rate with no health benefits available
Assistants serve on Sundays from 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. and an additional 4 hours during the workweek. Planning meetings are required on a bi-weekly basis. Assumes a minimum of 46 Sundays per year. Arrangements can be made if an additional Sunday off is necessary. Candidates will be asked to participate in a Sunday morning experience as part of the interview process.
Special Needs Ministry Director
Contact Linda Wilmoth for more information. No phone calls, please.