Rejuvenate Fitness Club
Thursday, April 25, 2019 @ 5:30 PM
FLC - 56 Large Group Room
Rejuvenate! is a fitness club for people with special needs. In this program, your loved one will learn about health and nutrition while celebrating accomplishments, playing games, and participating in local activities together.
Rejuvenate! is an ongoing, year-round, program that will meet for a fun, active experience bi-monthly. At each meeting we will stretch and focus on key movement exercise, we will also have a focus on an important nutritional aspect that participants can apply to their daily life. In Rejuvenate! we will also focus on encouraging others on their health journey. We will be using technology, attainable goal setting, and positive accountability to create a positive community together centered around health and wellness.
Please see the calendar below for specific session information.
Rejuvenate will meet in FLC 56 Large Group Room from 5:30 - 8:00 p.m. Most of our adventures will take us off-site, but we will return in time to be dismissed at 8:00 p.m.
- Please let us know if participant would benefit from the aid of a shadow.
- Please let us know of any food allergies as healthy snacks (not a meal) will be provided at all sessions.
This program is designed for Youth (Remix) and adults(Revive).
February 22, 2019
- Nutrition Focus - "Go" foods
- Exercise Focus - Flexibility
- Activity - Program info and Bowling at Bowlero
April 18, 2019
- Nutrition Focus - "My plate"
- Exercise Focus - Core Strength
- Activity - Fishing at Local Parks
June 27, 2019
- Nutrition Focus - "Benefits of Water"
- Exercise Focus - Cardiovascular Endurance
- Activity - Disc Golf at Terramont Park
August 15, 2019
- Nutrition Focus - "Well Balanced Diet"
- Exercise Focus - The Brain
- Activity - Nature Hike at Jones National Forest
October 17, 2019
- Nutrition Focus -"mmmm....candy!"
- Exercise Focus - Strong Legs
- Activity - Fall Games @ TWUMC
December 19, 2019
- Nutrition and Exercise Focus - Recap the year and set goals for the future
- Activity - Christmas Party at Top Golf
More information on each session will be emailed separately. We are excited to get moving together!
Back to Events